PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default Nohnoh phone2phone 0c connection fee? - 07-05-2010, 16:25

I just saw on the "fees and features" comparison page of progX (Connection fees) that Nohnoh seems to be the only Betamax/Dellmont brand without the 5c connection charge on setting up phone2phone callbacks. From what I can see on the webpage there is really no mention of this, which I did not know:
NoNoh | Phone to phone calls

If this is the case, they seem to be a sensible brand to switch to for calls initiated via the Java client. But I just want to confirm from somebody if this is really true? Is anybody actually using NohNoh?

Old
  (#2)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 11-05-2010, 10:15

Bump! Anyone?

Old
  (#3)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-05-2010, 19:44

A friend of mine just tested a phone-2-phone call for you and there was definitely no connection fee.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#4)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 11-05-2010, 21:27

Thanks so much for this. I was waiting for a confirmation before I bought credits. I guess they are the only Betamax/Delmont brandwithout this connection charge?

Old
  (#5)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 11-05-2010, 22:31

I've not compared Betamax tariffs recently, but Nonoh appears to be the cheapest option also regarding tariffs to most destinations.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#6)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-05-2010, 09:21

Rates vary between all the different betamx brand and you can't really say this one has the lowst prices.

For calling my uk mobile I am using smartvoip which charges 6 cents including vat and that seems to be the lowest price for calling my uk mobile.

as for phone to phone:

Costs for calling your phone number and the destination number are settled via your SmartVoip account. You pay the regular SmartVoip rates as advertised on this website.

No mention of connection fee here

Old
  (#7)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 12-05-2010, 10:21

For Smartvoip see: SmartVoip | Frequently Asked Questions
Quote:
How much will I be charged for my calls?

Calls will be charged at the applicable tariff for the destination you are calling. Rates are in Eurocents per minute and calls are rounded up to next minute. Apart from that there are no other charges; no subscription, registration, or administration fees! If you make a phone-to-phone call you will be charged a 5 eurocent starting fee.
That wording is pretty much identical on all Betamax brands apart from NoNoh where it omits that bit about the connection charge: NoNoh | FAQs

Whether this will happen in practice is why I asked the question here. Also Betamax are in a habit of changing this like this very fast. I won't be surprised that not long after I put 10 Euros onto NoNoh, that they will start charging a 5c connection charge!

If you think the smartvoip rate at 6c/min to UK mobile is cheap, you might consider Voipgain at 2.3c/min inc. VAT. See: VoipGain | Cheap international calls to United Kingdom mobiles at 2c/min

Old
  (#8)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 17-05-2010, 14:02

It may say 5 cents, but I've seen a 1 cent connection charge on my Justvoip account when using the mobile Java client

Old
  (#9)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 17-05-2010, 15:42

Really? They are the ones I always used to use, but I think I always got charged 5c. Strange! That was about 6 months ago though...

Old
  (#10)
Sebastian (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 07-09-2010, 09:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
If this is the case, they seem to be a sensible brand to switch to for calls initiated via the Java client. But I just want to confirm from somebody if this is really true? Is anybody actually using NohNoh?
I have been using nonoh.net since its inspection and it definitely does not charge the 5c connection fee ... almost. Keep in mind that nonoh.net has been introduced as a competitor to jajah.com, which explains its silly domain name. At that time, jajah.com did not charge the connection fee (I have no idea whether it still holds), so Betamax had to drop the 5c surcharge to tout its superiority.

My primary usage of nonoh.net callback feature is via a homebrew shell script which pretends to log-in into Web UI and then invokes a callback from there.

Why "almost"? I have noted in last couple of months that some of my calls have been billed with an additional fee of 3.9c (?). Those calls, however, were all involving an Italian mobile number. For example, a callback attempt where the first leg was that Italian mobile number, recipient answers, second leg rings but the call ends unanswered, has been charged 3.9c.

All landline-to-landline callback, on the other hand, have been billed without a connection fee.