PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#11)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Smile 17-04-2015, 20:10

@ TUX: Slowly we get info about the Free offer.
After Joe Mobile is gone many users may look for another choice:

Now, we know, that you can buy their card at their vending machine with foreign credit cards and we know that you can get a 1 month SIM which terminates automatically (or a running contract) as alternative. Fine.

But completing the WIKI about France, there are much more questions which come to my mind and i'm still not sure if Free is a viable option. Because I'm simply not aware of the final price and included data of the offer.

- 1.) The 19.99 EUR fee for one month is added by a 10 EUR "maintenance fee" for the machine ?!? Is this machine made out of gold Does this apply to the 1-month SIM cards too or only to the contracts (forfaits). So simply, is the one month given out for 19.99 or 29.99 EUR in the end?

- 2.) Free sells 3 GB of data on its own 3G and roaming on Orange. And if they detect a "compatible" 4G device, they give out 20 GB of data on their own 4G/LTE and 3G on Free and roaming on Orange.
Well, it's a slight difference whether you get 3 GB or 20 GB.
So to be precise, how does Free detect exactly what: a LTE enabled device on 2600 MHz? They suppose to show which data allowance they give you in the user account. So this seems to be fixed then. How can one be sure (even having a 4G/LTE enabled device on 2600 MHz) to get the larger data allowance for instance if you happen to log in outside of Free's 4G zone?

Sorry about all the questions, but I'm still trying to verify if Free is an option to replace JoeMobile ore not.