Old
  (#21)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 10-01-2007, 12:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramses View Post
Early this morning I send a report for technical problem (on their site, in customer service section)
Ok, good. So I have to tell to our friend Armando to use that section of UM's website to solve the trouble.

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#22)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 10-01-2007, 17:31

Regarding network problems, I also experienced total failure of voice communication on the Spanish "Movistar" 3G-network. After it worked flawless from Christmas until New Year's Eve, all voice communication (outgoing and incoming calls) failed in 2007, while I was staying at Maspalomas/Gran Canaria. SMS was still working - incoming as well as outgoing messages.

Allthough contacting UM customer support, the problem persists - the only solution was switching to the "Vodafone.es" network.

So when your UM SIM doesn't work, just try another network. If that solves your problem, please report the faulty network here!

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 20-01-2007 at 15:10..

Old
  (#23)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 11-01-2007, 08:11

I also had problems with UM in Spain some months ago. Sms were not sent no matter what network I was connected to.....

Old
  (#24)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 12-01-2007, 23:34

Agree on the strategy of switching carriers manually on phone when United Mobile sim doesn't work right. In Caribbean now. United Mobile worked fine on Digicel/Cingular in Antigua but not on C&W or APUA PCS (despite a c&w welcome sms). Now in Nevis and United Mobile works equally well on either Digicel/Cingular(system identifier says Cingular but think it's now sold to Digicel) or C&W. Both with good audio quality.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#25)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 13-01-2007, 12:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
Agree on the strategy of switching carriers manually on phone when United Mobile sim doesn't work right. In Caribbean now. United Mobile worked fine on Digicel/Cingular in Antigua but not on C&W or APUA PCS (despite a c&w welcome sms). Now in Nevis and United Mobile works equally well on either Digicel/Cingular(system identifier says Cingular but think it's now sold to Digicel) or C&W. Both with good audio quality.
In my case switching the carrier did not solve the problem of sms not being sent. Voice was working fine though....

Old
  (#26)
albino (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default nokia nightmare - 31-01-2007, 02:55

Keep off those high numbered nokias .. they are a pain.

You will prob have to use "menu based calling" as described in the user guide to call out. Or get a non nokia phone. if u r a nokia fan , go for a 3120. works seamlessly

Old
  (#27)
albino (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-01-2007, 03:05

Watch out too with US based phones, the US networks like to change the software in their phones a little, it messes up the international sim cards. eg the the motorola v190 in the states will have a problem with a UM card, but not in europe.

Gadget Ken ... you look to be a yachty? Hows Um holding up there? Have you had many "invalid code" when adding a top-up into your phone? Was interesting about Antigua, but Digicel is better then C&W all through the Caribbean. (especially if you are using 09) If you go to St Martin, you can still pick up Orange F network on the Dutch side depending on the marina you are in.

Old
  (#28)
albino (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-01-2007, 03:13

Texting to France, and within france is a no no at the moment with UM. New Zealand is iffy .. and infact texting in general is not worth the pain, most wont make it, and you will be overcharged. Best thing is to use a seperate normal sim card and text with that, even when roaming it will cost about the same as a UM card. Keep the UM for Voice

Old
  (#29)
albino (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-01-2007, 03:20

By the way ... in Italy Vodafone is more reliable then the other networks, T-Mobile in Croatia, I think Orange in France, and apparently Movistar in Spain.

We should make a list of what the most reliable networks are throught the world ... save everyone a lot of hit-and-miss best-network hunting. The list would relate not just to UM, but to 09 , Manx, Travel-sim etc ... they all suffer the same problems form the same networks it seems.

Old
  (#30)
albino (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 31-01-2007, 03:22

By the way .. 09 users will be happy to know that they apparently just cleared up their callback trigger problem they had in US based countries. (USA, Canada, Cable & Wireless etc)