Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#11)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 02-01-2006, 19:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asick
Nevertheless, this had no chance to happen, although I've heard Ukrainians (may be Belorussians, I'm not sure) recently made their own GSM phone from start to end, which is way too big, looking as a phone from late 90s. :whistle: Well, what a funny topic.
I heard about such Ukrainian "invention" - cheap GSM phone w/o any display, but I considered it as a kind of April Fool's Day joke. But I wouldn't be surprised if Belarussian authorithies (perhaps Aleksandr Grigorievich himself ) were told their electronic industry to create a national model of a GSM phone .

Quote:
Do you know something specific about the North Korean GSM network? It looks to be very weird. It has no roaming agreements and I'm afraid there are just a few BTS covering the places where their leader used to be.
I read once in a newspaper that this network has about 20 000 users, none of them private. And the Beloved Leader doesn't need a mobile phone - AFAIK he has a high speed satellite internet link in his train. Moreover, I suppose he has one or more satellite phones :P.

Quote:
Cuba is not such a close country with more relaxed life and it's visited by many foreign tourists, so fully functional GSM network is quite needed there, and it does exist. I find it expectable.
That's right - the Cuban economy is still so "communist" that IMHO without large number of incoming tourists they wouldn't afford such a "luxury" :P

Quote:
Transdnistria is not blocked from outside, so it's not a problem to get scratch cards and so on. I'll look for more real info on that topic, since it's quite interesting.
Right, but I think that we should close that thread but it went too far from Belarus