PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default LycaMobile Free calls to other Lycamobile in their 17 countries - 31-03-2014, 12:57

Just noticed that upon doing a topup, Lycamobile are now offering free calls for one month to other Lycamobiles in any of their countries. I think this applies to any of their countries.
http://www.lycamobile.co.uk/draft1-en/Lyca-to-Lyca1
http://www.lycamobile.es/en/lyca-to-lyca

As Lycamobile SIMs are amongst the easiest to pickup on arrival in lots of European countries, this could actually be quite an interesting product for roaming. For other calls, their call charges are not great, but they usually have decent rates for calling local landlines so you can tie one together with a Betamax/Dellmont local access number for free/cheap international calls.

Apologies if this has already been posted (I looked... but couldn't find anything)

Old
  (#2)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-04-2014, 12:09

A small catch is that this promotion is only valid until May 31. Lyca normally does not extend their promotions. With the new low roaming rates coming out this year, I see less and less advantage in Lyca and Toggle for EU/EEA. Even if they extend data bundles to all their contries, they are not really priced competitively anymore since we have Aldi, Orange ES, Europasim offers.
I am sure we will see many more new EU roaming offers from traditional operators in the following months.