PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
q8calling (Offline)

Default callback solution needed - incoming cli to be masked as local cli - 01-12-2008, 06:05

We are looking for callback card solution for use from Kuwait. The issue here is that international incoming charges are deducted for calls which come on the mobile and to circumvent that, we need the callback cli to be masked and the cli which should show on the called mobile for callback should be same as the originator callback mobile , eg. if a callback is originated from a kuwait cellphone number : +965 9861234 then the call which comes from outside to connect the callback should also show as +965 9861234 . This will prevent the called mobile to be billed for incoming charges. Please let us know if you can provide this solution for callback card

Old
  (#2)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-12-2008, 09:26

I am using the following system.

www.pbxes.com which in the premium package offers you 3 callback number. You call a did number and get a busytone. pbxes that calls you back on the preprogrammed number. I use voicetrading.com to make the callback to my cellphone.
voicetrading allows you to setup any caller id you want, so no problem to specify your +965 number.

If 3 callback numbers are not enough you might want to setup your own asterisk server on a virtual sever. This does require some knowlegde of asterisk and setting up a virtual server.

Old
  (#3)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 01-12-2008, 12:51

I'm not quite following this. Do you mean you are using two phones, one to trigger callback on the other?

I'm not aware that a Kuwait number would incur incoming charges for international-sourced calls, but if so others can comment on that. If you mean that the phone receiving the call is from another country, then an incoming roaming charge would be incurred whatever the source of the call to it. Unless you get a global SIM with free incoming calls

But perhaps I've misunderstood the question ...

Last edited by andy; 01-12-2008 at 13:04..

Old
  (#4)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 04-12-2008, 09:44

What he means is that he has a local cell phone and would like to make cheap international calls.

Using a standard callback solution does not works because he gets charged for incoming international calls.

When the incoming international call shows a local number he does not get charged.
Normal callback solutions don't show the local number but the callback number or no number. So he gets charged. Only a local caller id does not get charged.

So the callback solution he is looking for should shown the number of the local phone as the callback number.

As far as I know there is no ready made callback card solution like that. Only a do it yourself solution like I pointed out above should be able to do that.

Old
  (#5)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 04-12-2008, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
What he means is that he has a local cell phone and would like to make cheap international calls.

Using a standard callback solution does not works because he gets charged for incoming international calls.

When the incoming international call shows a local number he does not get charged.
Normal callback solutions don't show the local number but the callback number or no number. So he gets charged. Only a local caller id does not get charged.

So the callback solution he is looking for should shown the number of the local phone as the callback number.

As far as I know there is no ready made callback card solution like that. Only a do it yourself solution like I pointed out above should be able to do that.
a couple of things detract from that hypothesis

incoming calls to a local mobile appear to be free

the post appears to mention two phones: and the cli which should show on the called mobile for callback should be same as the originator callback mobile

Old
  (#6)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Pbxes - 22-05-2009, 07:47

Hi,

I woule like to setup myself a similar callback arrangements. Could you explain step by step how to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
I am using the following system.

www.pbxes.com which in the premium package offers you 3 callback number. You call a did number and get a busytone. pbxes that calls you back on the preprogrammed number. I use voicetrading.com to make the callback to my cellphone.
voicetrading allows you to setup any caller id you want, so no problem to specify your +965 number.

If 3 callback numbers are not enough you might want to setup your own asterisk server on a virtual sever. This does require some knowlegde of asterisk and setting up a virtual server.