PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default TMobile USA Now Has Some International Roaming on Prepaid - 24-01-2008, 03:32

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/prepaidrates.aspx

Old
  (#2)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 24-01-2008, 08:58

Only in Canada and Mexico, unfortunately, but this is not new.

http://www.t-mobile.com/Internationa..._RoamWorldwide

Unless they've just changed something, the page you pointed to was about their international calling rates -- i.e., how much it costs to call these places from the U.S. I certainly wish they'd enable roaming, at the very minimum, on other TMO networks, but my U.S. card presently won't roam in Germany, and you'd think it would work in the T-Mobile homeland if it would work anywhere. Oh well...

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#3)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-01-2008, 13:11

On Howard's Forum one poster swears it work (albeit expensively) in Australia. I see where you are getting the Canada & Mexico from. Does anyone out there have a US prepaid TMobile SIM out there in Euroland that they can see if it registers?

Old
  (#4)
Motel75 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 24-01-2008, 14:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
On Howard's Forum one poster swears it work (albeit expensively) in Australia. I see where you are getting the Canada & Mexico from. Does anyone out there have a US prepaid TMobile SIM out there in Euroland that they can see if it registers?
Well yes, I do. I just tried both of mine here (931 and 212, both Gold Rewards with lots of credit, both registered with my.t-mobile.com) in Germany and neither one worked.

However, I did notice that on https://my.t-mobile.com/Plan/ there's a new mention of "International access" -- and while it only lists the same old calling rates from the US and the roaming rates for Canada and Mexico, the description "T-Mobile provides you access to the world’s largest international wireless community" does seem filled with a certain amount of promise.

I certainly hope so -- while I'd probably never use it to place calls within Europe, the ability to receive calls at my U.S. number overseas would be very helpful.

Current DE: Vodafone, Netzklub; PL: Klucz, Virgin; UK: Giffgaff, Vodafone; US: T-Mobile; CA: 7-Eleven; IT: Vodafone; UA: Kyivstar; FR: Bouygues; GR: Vodafone
Former DE: Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2, Blauworld, 01051mobile, Solomo, Lycamobile, Simyo, Congstar, Fonic, Edeka Mobile, Lidl Mobile; PL: Heyah, Era, Virgin, Sami Swoi, Orange, POP, iPlus, Carrefour Mova, Telepin Mobi, Play, Lycamobile, T-Mobile; UK: Vodafone, T-Mobile, Virgin; US: T-Mobile, AT&T, Lycamobile; CZ: Vodafone, Oskar; ES: Lebara; GR: Vodafone, Wind; UA: Vodafone; IL: Orange; TR: Turkcell

Old
  (#5)
Fossie (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 22-05-2008, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
It doesn't work in Austria either.

Old
  (#6)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-06-2008, 03:14

TMobile has updated its prepaid page:

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/d....mc_t=OnsiteAd

There are many new offers. Note the international roaming link towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/prepaidrates.aspx

Interesting!

Old
  (#7)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 04-06-2008, 10:01

The pay by the day plan is not bad at all. I am sure it will suite some people. The regular works for my minimal use as a backup. Especially since both of my cards are "Gold rewards"

The international roaming is still limited to Canada and mexico though. Hope they expand on that soon.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#8)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 04-06-2008, 15:45

The pay-by-the-day plan is not eligible for Gold Rewards, so I assume this means you'd need to put $100 into it every year to keep it active. On the pay-as-you-go plan, once you've put $100 in you get Gold Rewards and you only need to put in $10 a year to keep it active.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.

Old
  (#9)
ozfiles (Offline)

Default 12-06-2008, 05:50

I'm in Australia and have a t-mobile prepaid sim with me and I can confirm that it doesn't register with any network.
It would be nice if it did work down here but no go.
I don't know how the guy on Howard's Forum got it to work but I can't.

Old
  (#10)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 12-06-2008, 16:16

Thanks. I was beginning to wonder the same thing. The more and more I am looking at TMobile, the more I am wondering if Flexpay is the way to go with them. I'm going to pop by a Tmobile shop and take a look.

If you can get a TMobile Flexpay with unlimited internet and My Favs, it might prove real interesting.