PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
telnamobile (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 05-05-2009, 20:19

You can submit the application and once it's here, you need to either call our customer service (1-800-972-753 or email us at info@telna.com .

We don't charge when you submit the application, we only charge when we process it. And if you call and let us know you want to use our upgrade offer, then we'll make sure you don't get charged.

Worst case: my name is Herve, so you can find me for anything.

Old
  (#12)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-05-2009, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by telnamobile View Post

In the meantime if someone from outside USA is interested in our service, please PM me and we can figure something out. We're still building the non-USA offer and would be interested in hearing about the requirements of international customers. For example would you prefer a local Italian, French or German landline number for your SIM, that does not support inbound SMS, or would you prefer a USA number that will support inbound SMS?
That sounds very interesting indeed.
I think that many people here would be OK with a US number. The cards with seperate numbers for voice and SMS are quite difficult to explain and calls to US are less than 1ct/min here...

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#13)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 06-05-2009, 00:13

Quote:
Hi
The reason I post in this thread is that we decided to waive our first year of annual fees for former celtrek customers as long as they still have the celtrek SIM card.
Which Celtrek SIM card? #1, #2 or #3?

Old
  (#14)
telnamobile (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 06-05-2009, 00:30

If you have a celltrek card, when you can contact our customer service after your application you can let us know the simcard serial number written on the card (ICCID) and we'll find out if we can reactivate the card in our network.

If not you can always send it back to us and we'll upgrade it to a telna Mobile card without charging the first annual fee.

Thanks!

Old
  (#15)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 06-05-2009, 00:42

Quote:
If not you can always send it back to us and we'll upgrade it to a telna Mobile card without charging the first annual fee.
That sounds like a good deal.

One thing you probably should know. When you offer your services here, it's like offering to stick your head in the lion's mouth. Our members can be very tough when a provider does not live up to his promises.

Old
  (#16)
telnamobile (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 06-05-2009, 01:18

DRNewcomb,

We actually understood this would be the case from the posts in this forum and that's why we decided to make this special offer here.

Our Mobile service just started, it is still in beta, but we work very hard on making it as good as possible.

We believe the feedback from users of this forum would be the best thing we can receive as apparently everyone here has had experiences with 2-3 (or more) SIM providers.

Plus we have years of experience providing the best customer service possible to our customers and we always try to resolve any issue that can be met.

We certainly hope you won't need to look for a new SIM provider after you use the telna Mobile service.

Thanks for giving us a chance.

Old
  (#17)
telnamobile (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default Questions about telna Mobile - 06-05-2009, 01:27

Hi

I'm starting this thread for any questions regarding the telna Mobile service.

In short telna Mobile provides a postpaid roaming service with American numbers for US customers. The service was launched in beta this week.

The website is http://www.telnamobile.com

If you have questions or troubles with the service, feel free to post here, and we'll keep an eye and try to make sure all questions are answered.

Thanks!

Old
  (#18)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 06-05-2009, 02:25

Hi,

Which MNO is your service based on?

Regarding your question on what DID people would prefer, I would appreciate if I could hand over calls to your service by SIP.
So you would provide me a SIP-URI like 1234567890@telnamobile.com and I could forward incoming calls to my German DIDs to you by myself, which would be very flexible and save costs.
Providing German (no matter if geographical or non-geographical) numbers would be quite a problem for you, as such may only be assigned to residents and you will be required to validate residency of each customer, which means high administrative effort besides the costs for the rental of DIDs. Afaik your parent company 3U Telecom owns only number blocks in few cities.

regards,

Inquisitor

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#19)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 06-05-2009, 02:51

I agree that an inbound SIP portal woud be a Good Thing®. It may be a bit techincal for the average user but we aren't average users.

I'd also like to know where the available inbound US numbers are located.

Old
  (#20)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-05-2009, 03:22

Like the European-based SIMs, the costs for North America (incl Canada and Mexico) are VERY high. So presumably this is a US DID, forwarded to a global SIM service from another country?

For US people travelling to Europe it looks like a OK deal (if they don't mind an annual fee, and revealing their SSN), especially since they can forward their US cellphone to the domestic number. But for travelling from the US to neighbouring countries (the majority of US international travellers) it works out worse than roaming (even prepaid roaming!) in most cases.

Not being able to send/receive a text would be a deal-killer for some, and is often the hardest thing to get working on a forwarded number, so it'll be interesting to see when that (and data) will be available.