PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#91)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 11-11-2009, 20:13

I have discovered that there appears to be a problem in calling the whole range of +423663 not only the UM numbers. The problem appears to be affecting other numbers also which are allocated to other services besides UM. I do not know if this problem will remain for the other services also.
This whole calling range is given to Mobilkom I think

I will keep you updated about this

Old
  (#92)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 12-11-2009, 07:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrgajek View Post
Good Evening,

the UM 423 SIM-Cards cannot be called at the moment. I don't know if this is a temporarily issue (constructing a new network/platform) or if they've decided to switch off all the issued SIM-cards and numbers.

The UM 44 cards are gone, for ever I think. Dialing the +44 7937 gives you an announcement, that this numbers are invalid.

There are some rumours about problems with some +44 7624 and/or +44 7924 SIMcards. Ex-German-Provider "globalsim" has left Germany and can only be reached by email at this time. Gobalsim started its business with "Riiing" SIM-Cards issued by ... United-Mobile.
I have called my Um phone today and it went through to voicemail (the sim was not on a cell). So it appears the problem is fixed. can you check also?

Old
  (#93)
hrgajek (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 12-11-2009, 13:47

Hi Prion,

I tested two different numbers: 1st one went to voicemail, as the battery of my mobile was empty
Second went through.

But the chance to reach UM423 mobile phones went worse, german mobile carrier E-Plus connects now with a male voice telling me erotic stories, T-Mobile connects sometimes wrong (erotic stories), o2-de connects correctly.

to be continued.

73 & 55 (Regards)
Henning Gajek
on air with:
Telekom (T-Mobile) DE - Vodafone DE - Telefonica-(o2) DE - FreeTimeTele.com (DE/UK) - Swisscom CH -

Old
  (#94)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Observations from Austria - 15-11-2009, 10:25

Did play around with my ICQSIM yesterday and the status is the same:

• SIM did register immediately on A1 3G network
  • calls from Orange AT went through very quick, phone did ring
  • SMS can't be sent off the ICQSIM
  • no incoming SMS (neither from a phone, nor the settings from ICQ SIM website)
This seems to be status quo, let's hope for better days...
BK

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Old
  (#95)
hrgajek (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 15-11-2009, 11:01

Hi BK,

still the same here.

73 & 55 (Regards)
Henning Gajek
on air with:
Telekom (T-Mobile) DE - Vodafone DE - Telefonica-(o2) DE - FreeTimeTele.com (DE/UK) - Swisscom CH -

Old
  (#96)
Drlawgr (Offline)

Default 16-11-2009, 16:06

Hello everyone,
just called my number from my local Vodafone mobile, and my landline... all calls went through...

Old
  (#97)
blindbeggar (Offline)

Default 19-11-2009, 17:21

Hello all...

I have been watching this thread since May when i first encountered problems with my +423 number(riiing sim). Apart from a few weeks since then i still have been receiving in-coming calls from a number of people albeit some people cant connect with me, i suppose thats down to their carrier?

Still cant call out or txt, but as i travel around Europe it does pick up networks.

My roaming charges have once again hit the roof, gonna change over from my orange to 02 as i believe you can get an European bolt on with 1000minutes free incoming calls!!

Anyway that was my first post...hope your all having a good November!!

Old
  (#98)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 20-11-2009, 02:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindbeggar View Post
... gonna change over from my orange to 02 as i believe you can get an European bolt on with 1000minutes free incoming calls!!
Yes, it's called My Europe Extra, available for £10 a month on contract and Pay & Go, or £5 on business contracts if for the whole year

Old
  (#99)
hrgajek (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 07-12-2009, 22:50

Good evening,

bad news: German mobile network o2-Telefonica blocks complete +423-663 range for security-reasons.
Other carriers signal me "Anruf nicht erlaubt / Call not allowed" and the network voice tells me, that the dialled number is not available.
I tested this with T-Mobile D1, E-Plus (Simyo) and Swisscom (Natel Easy) so I'm thinking there must be a "problem" at the Mobilkom-LI-663-Network or they are still discussing what they wan't to do or not...

I think we can abbreviate this and wait until somebody gives official substantial information.

73 & 55 (Regards)
Henning Gajek
on air with:

Old
  (#100)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 08-12-2009, 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrgajek View Post
Good evening,

bad news: German mobile network o2-Telefonica blocks complete +423-663 range for security-reasons.
Other carriers signal me "Anruf nicht erlaubt / Call not allowed" and the network voice tells me, that the dialled number is not available.
I tested this with T-Mobile D1, E-Plus (Simyo) and Swisscom (Natel Easy) so I'm thinking there must be a "problem" at the Mobilkom-LI-663-Network or they are still discussing what they wan't to do or not...

I think we can abbreviate this and wait until somebody gives official substantial information.
Same here. My number is not accessible. Other numbers in the same range (+423663) are accessible though. I have recently noticed that it is becoming more and more difficult to find relatively cheap voip carriers to route calls to this range. Carriers that completed calls some time ago do not connect any more.