PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 10-05-2016, 13:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdoo View Post
Unfortunately it looks like in RED Start only 100 minutes, 100 SMS and 100 MB per day are included in price.
[/url]
Yeah, you are right: In Europa e USA RED Start prevede un massimo di 100 minuti, 100 SMS e 4,5GB al giorno in roaming. Il traffico dati in roaming concorre insieme a quello nazionale al raggiungimento delle soglie dell'offerta . But: I primi 100MB al giorno sono inclusi. Poi paghi 2 euro ogni 100MB fino al raggiungimento di 4,5GB al giorno previsti dalla tua offerta. While you can use up to 4.5 GB, only the first 100 MB per day are included, the next 100 MB are sold for €2 additional.
This is of course advertised as "included roaming". A bit misleading, I have to say. The same can be found at RED Maxi description. With Italian offers, you should always read (and understand) the small print.

This is not free roaming included like in Germany. This has been verified now and added to the WIKI. I will verify Dutch Vodafone next week. Dutch SIM card already arrived by mail back home in Germany, but i'm still in Spain. So up to now, "free roaming" (= roaming without surcharges at domestic rates) is included only in most prepaid allowances of Vodafone Germany and most likely those of the Netherlands.

Last edited by wolfbln; 10-05-2016 at 13:25..

Old
  (#22)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 11-05-2016, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbln View Post
I will verify Dutch Vodafone next week. Dutch SIM card already arrived by mail back home in Germany, but i'm still in Spain. So up to now, "free roaming" (= roaming without surcharges at domestic rates) is included only in most prepaid allowances of Vodafone Germany and most likely those of the Netherlands.
Will be very interested to read the result of your test. If that works i will definitely buy a Vodafone NL next time i'm over the border to buy some coffee pads

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#23)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 20-05-2016, 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
Will be very interested to read the result of your test. If that works i will definitely buy a Vodafone NL next time i'm over the border to buy some coffee pads
Hi. I've concluded my testing about Vodafone NL in Germany. It follows the same pattern as German Vodafone CallYa SIM cards: included allowances can be used for roaming without surcharges.

You can see the comparison at the bottom of this site:
http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Euro8

As you are from Germany and surely know the new Vodafone roaming rules for CallYa already, I can only think of two reasons why to change to Dutch VF SIM:
- you need Switzerland included
. you need a 4G data-only SIM (in Germany you have the choice between original VF with combo packs on 4G or resellers with data-only too, but on 3G only)

But the VF NL SIM is not very widely available on the internet so far. In contrast to Germany, vendors only sell it for a premium. But in the NL you can get it still freely without registration for free.

*bliep and Tele2 can be an alternative in the NL too. It has now been confirmed to me that on *blieb you can get the 1GB for 10€ roaming package without having a domestic base plan booked before (on the white plan).

For more info check the WIKI. The last of my roaming tests will be a Tesco UK SIM for their holiday promotion in a few weeks, which may be extended or not...

Old
  (#24)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 21-05-2016, 09:50

Another reason, why to change to Dutch VF SIM would be if you need to call from Germany to other EU countries. While German CallYa does not include those calls within the packs, the VF NL probably does.

Old
  (#25)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 24-05-2016, 01:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdoo View Post
Another reason, why to change to Dutch VF SIM would be if you need to call from Germany to other EU countries. While German CallYa does not include those calls within the packs, the VF NL probably does.
Yes, I thought about this 3rd option too. BTW. I can confirm included allowances to 3rd countries on the Dutch VF SIM too (I called an Irish number on the Dutch SIM while roaming in Germany).

Calling rates on roaming are regulated, foreign calles are not. So calling on a German SIM in Germany abroad (unregulated) is more expensive than on a Dutch SIM in Germany abroad (capped by regulations).
The flip side however is being called: Using a Dutch SIM in Germany is much more expensive for a caller from Germany than to a local SIM.

Well, I've tried to present both options on the WIKI equally. I think they are the best options around for EU roaming on a monthly basis.

Old
  (#26)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-05-2016, 09:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbln View Post
The flip side however is being called: Using a Dutch SIM in Germany is much more expensive for a caller from Germany than to a local SIM.
yes, so no issues to use a dual-SIM phone with e.g. a netzclub SIM to be reachable on the german number

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9