PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#81)
squawk1200 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 26-06-2012, 19:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
Sorry to say - This sim has proved to be too unreliable for my liking.
Unfortunately I have to agree. Sent a few folks to South Africa a few weeks ago with the Telna SIM and they didn't have much luck, experienced what you described... Telna CS was nice, but was hard to get a hold of to try to work though the issue...

Even though our US carrier is much higher in price, it just works.... Guess ya get what ya pay for...

Might keep the SIMs we have, but definitely not going to purchase any more...

Old
  (#82)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-06-2012, 22:52

Quote:
Sorry to say - This sim has proved to be too unreliable for my liking. Have not been able to reach the phone in the last hour. Message sometimes says the number is not reachable and sometimes it says the local number is unassigned. I was talking to my son on the phone earlier today. I can't depend on this thing. Have to get my son another sim.
I agree that Telna has not been 100% reliable. I hope you report this to the company. I have sometimes reported "funky" behavior (e.g. failure to register, deregistering, etc.) and their response has seemed somewhat disbelieving. Something seems to be happening that does not show up on their diagnostics. I suspect it has to do with the multi-IMSI SIM technology.

Old
  (#83)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-06-2012, 23:11

Yes. I did report it. Regarding the message I get when I call the number, they said they had some technical issues. As for phone not making calls, they said the phone went out of TMobile's coverage area (yes, son went to the basement while I was on the phone with him, to try to restart the router because of internet/Vonage issues, then the phone cut off), and the phone latched onto AT&T. But because they do not have agreement with AT&T, the phone was not usable.

Bottom line for me - I cannot depend on Telna.

PS: Son (11 yrs old) panicked when phone cut off and there was no way for him to call me back. He checked my desk draw and turned on a couple of phones in there. Used the one that first picked up a network to call me. It happened to have my MTN Nigeria sim card in it. LOL! I almost freaked out when I saw the incoming call. I had no choice but to take the call.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#84)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-06-2012, 23:24

The Telna representative did mention that he is able to see that most of the calls that were giving the funky message came in while the phone was logged onto the AT&T network. And that's why they did not go through.

I planned on using Telna for my incoming calls when we visit Montego Bay, Jamaica for 7 days this weekend. I will dig out my old TruPhone sim and top it up and use it as a backup. Both of them are $0.50/min for incoming calls there. One of them better work. LOL!

Old
  (#85)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-06-2012, 23:31

I don't think I could blame any cellular carrier for not working in the basement. If it was my T-Mobile SIM, it would not work either.

Old
  (#86)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-07-2012, 09:59

a good alternative of telna simcards will be piranha mobile Piranha Mobile
i think they actually are the resellers of telna in UK/Europe

Old
  (#87)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 03-07-2012, 22:29

i am in Jamaica, and used telna for the first couple of days, but had to switch quickly. I have only taken a 2 min call, but have a $16+ showing in my account. They have charged me for every single call that never came through.

Old
  (#88)
fsotirop (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 03-07-2012, 23:59

telna even charge for every unanswered call, from the time the callback is anwered.

Old
  (#89)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 04-07-2012, 00:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
I don't think I could blame any cellular carrier for not working in the basement. If it was my T-Mobile SIM, it would not work either.
The only time I ever watched The X-Files on the TV, he was trapped in a steel shipping container buried in the middle of the desert

He picked up his phone and made a call

People told me the programme was a bit off the wall, but that was ridiculous

Old
  (#90)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-07-2012, 03:57

Quote:
i am in Jamaica, and used telna for the first couple of days, but had to switch quickly. I have only taken a 2 min call, but have a $16+ showing in my account. They have charged me for every single call that never came through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
The only time I ever watched The X-Files on the TV, he was trapped in a steel shipping container buried in the middle of the desert

He picked up his phone and made a call

People told me the programme was a bit off the wall, but that was ridiculous
The ETs floating all over the program didn't pause Andy, but cell service in a bank valult did