PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 18-12-2011, 20:43

No idea about it, COOP says nothing on this subject.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#12)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 19-12-2011, 00:22

Hi Effendi,

May I know that TIM has provided a specific data plan, let's say "10G TIM Internet Senza Limiti". No need to send SMS, and just change the APN to "ibox.tim.it" is done and ok for surfing?

Besides, I have searched a website about TIM APN setting. Someone has shared his experiences about the right APN setting.

APN "wap.tim.it" is for TIMxSMARTPHONE: 250 MB in 7 Days 2€ ;

APN "ibox.tim.it" is for Internet 1GB per Tablet 1GB per 30 Days, 9€ ;

Would you mind telling me about their differents? ... I am planning to buy a TIM's 1G data plan, using in the Mifi.

Thanks a lot

Last edited by kimdo; 19-12-2011 at 00:30..

Old
  (#13)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-12-2011, 15:41

TIM has 3 APNs:
- wap.tim.it = mobile surfing
- blackberry.net = blackberry
- ibox.tim.it = tethering, usb-bundles, internet on PC

So if you get a TIMxSMARTPHONE you have to use the wap.tim.it (mobile surfing), while if you get an offer for Tablet or PC surfing you have to set the ibox.tim.it. The same if you want to use the data bundle both for mobile surfing and tethering.
You must send the SMS to activate the option you choose. If you send no SMS you get the standard rates (not good for surfing).

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#14)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 20-12-2011, 00:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
TIM has 3 APNs:
- wap.tim.it = mobile surfing
- blackberry.net = blackberry
- ibox.tim.it = tethering, usb-bundles, internet on PC

So if you get a TIMxSMARTPHONE you have to use the wap.tim.it (mobile surfing), while if you get an offer for Tablet or PC surfing you have to set the ibox.tim.it. The same if you want to use the data bundle both for mobile surfing and tethering.
You must send the SMS to activate the option you choose. If you send no SMS you get the standard rates (not good for surfing).
Thanks a lot.

I need 1G data plan for my mifi, tethering. The APN is ibox.tim.it ?

Old
  (#15)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 20-12-2011, 14:36

There's no 1GB plan on TIM for tethering. The only plan you can use for tethering is the Internet Senza Limiti at 24€.
It's better with COOP Voce, apn web.coopvoce.it, and the Web 1 Giga offer:
Web 1 giga
Or Wind with Internet No Stop:
Wind - Privati - Internet No Stop

Old
  (#16)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-12-2011, 00:24

Quote:
There's no 1GB plan on TIM for tethering. The only plan you can use for tethering is the Internet Senza Limiti at 24€.
It's better with COOP Voce, apn web.coopvoce.it, and the Web 1 Giga offer:
Web 1 giga
Or Wind with Internet No Stop:
Wind - Privati - Internet No Stop
Hi Effendi,
I get some information from web as follows~

1./ Internet 1GB per Tablet: 1GB per 30 Days, 9€ ;
2./ Internet 5GB per Tablet: 5GB per 30 Days, 19€ ;
3./ Internet senza limiti: (10 GB) per 30 Days; after 10 GB speed navigation will reduce to 64kbps; 24€ + 5€ activation fee (only the first time)

You mean that I can only use the item 3 only?... However, I had asked members from this forum, someone told me that he buy the "Internet 40" and using it in his mifi... can be worked properly. I'm confused now.

About COOP Voce, where can I buy it in Rome? Many thanks

Old
  (#17)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-12-2011, 07:11

I have also searched the COOP shops locaton, seems no shops near Roma Termini. >_<

About the TIM internet plans above, item 1 & 2 are more cheaper. Can I use this plan in my mifi? Just change the APN....

Old
  (#18)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-12-2011, 11:24

"per tablet" means "for tablet". So if you put the sim inside a tablet it's ok, otherwise you cannot use it.
The Internet 40 offers you 40 hours of navigation billed at 15 minutes intervals. If that suits you it's cheaper. But it's a horrible plan in my opinion.

Old
  (#19)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-12-2011, 12:49

Quote:
"per tablet" means "for tablet". So if you put the sim inside a tablet it's ok, otherwise you cannot use it.
The Internet 40 offers you 40 hours of navigation billed at 15 minutes intervals. If that suits you it's cheaper. But it's a horrible plan in my opinion.

You mean .... my only choice is "Internet senza limiti: (10 GB) per 30 Days" ?

I have not tried tablet before. I just think it will be more or less the same as Mifi. Insert the data SIM card into tablet and set the right APN is done. Same as Mifi, change the APN do the device is ok. Tablet is build in device, while Mifi is external device.

Actually, I want to ask TIM by email. However, it can only for registered member.

Old
  (#20)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-12-2011, 14:10

Kimdo it depends on you and what you need. The "per tablet" options can only be used on tablets and not for tethering. The Internet 40 and Internet Senza Limiti can be used in any way you prefer. This applies also to Wind and COOP offers.
If you just have a tablet and want to use it for surfing you do not need the Mifi. If you have more devices with which you want to connect to internet with the same sim-card you need the Mifi and so the "per tablet" offers won't suit your needs.