PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
adam917 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Question eKit 'SIMple Calling' US/Canada SIM w/ pretty low rates? - 04-04-2009, 12:45

Does anyone know what MVNO this SIM uses and what kind of number you get with this SIM? I am surprised to have found this on eBay yesterday and see the rates are lower that standard pre-paid rates within both countries.

I know that T-Mobile has Canadian roaming but the rates are high (69 cents a minute) and also does not have the coverage this claims to have. Also, it seems most (all?) MVNOs from either country do not roam on each other. AT&T GoPhone in the US has no Canadian roaming at all and the lowest rates for very occasional use are still 25 cents a minute.

I could see getting it if it has a US number. Even 40 cents a minute to call the US from Canada would be a bargain given how long the SIM lasts (cheapest Canadian offer normally is 45 cents a minute with 7-Eleven SpeakOut but they still deduct a monthly 911 fee and you always need a balance on the SIM for it to last the claimed 365 days between top-ups).

Unless anyone here has any info and reasons on why not to get it, I'm going to consider getting it and giving it a try. Those rates are quite low given the extended coverage & long expiration combined.

Thanks...