PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Talking Time for a great trip to the EAST! - 20-04-2007, 15:21

And when I say EAST I mean some part of the former "Soviet Empire", of course!

Tomorrow morning I'll take a flight from Bologna to Warszawa and then from there I'm taking a night train to Minsk, Belarus. I'll stay in Lukashenkoland for about 1 week before going to Vilnius for a couple of days and then flying back to Milan directly from Lithuania.

At first I have to say a big DZIEKUJE to Przemolog for having helped me in these days getting for me the train ticket from Poland to Belarus.

Then I'll surely send all your greetings to our beloved President!

So, see you back after the 2nd of May, hopefully with some more eastern prepaid cards to add to my collection!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#2)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 21-04-2007, 20:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post

And when I say EAST I mean some part of the former "Soviet Empire", of course!

Tomorrow morning I'll take a flight from Bologna to Warszawa and then from there I'm taking a night train to Minsk, Belarus. I'll stay in Lukashenkoland for about 1 week before going to Vilnius for a couple of days and then flying back to Milan directly from Lithuania.
I have just phoned to Effendi (I found a local calling card with a landline rate to +4236 ). He is travelling now by train (together with three women in the compartment ) to the end of the known world and far beyond .
He sends greetings to all of you!

Quote:
At first I have to say a big DZIEKUJE to Przemolog for having helped me in these days getting for me the train ticket from Poland to Belarus.
Yes, breaking high railway tariffs is in fact the art as sophisticated as avoiding roaming costs

Old
  (#3)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Wink 23-04-2007, 16:49

ii received a nice SMS yesterday from Effendi he was in Minsk, so don't worry... effendi is not died (maybe )

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#4)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-04-2007, 00:11

Well, I don't think we'll be going very far this summer. We were considering a trip back to Italy but the cost of air fares $1400/ea and the state of the dollar (0.74 Euro/$) made us reconsider. We're looking a vacations closer to home.

Old
  (#5)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 25-04-2007, 08:34

DRNewcomb I hope that you can change idea... I'm waiting 4 you in Italy.

A nice dinner in Florence?

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#6)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 25-04-2007, 13:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreA View Post
DRNewcomb I hope that you can change idea... I'm waiting 4 you in Italy.

A nice dinner in Florence?
Every time I visit Italy I just know I won't be able to stay away more than a year but it never works out that way. I long ago decided that in my next life I have to be either Spanish or Italian. I think I'm really a Latin trapped in an Anglo-German-Nordic life.

Old
  (#7)
AdmiralAK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 29-04-2007, 15:53

No trip for me this year - have some vodka for me too
I am looking for a new job - so no vacation

Club Admiralty - website with stuff about me
Current Prepaid: None
Older Prepaid: AT&T wireless; TracFone; Telestet; Vodafone GR; Fido; SFR; T-mobile US; Tuyo, Cosmote
Postpaid: at&t

Old
  (#8)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 30-04-2007, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
Well, I don't think we'll be going very far this summer. We were considering a trip back to Italy but the cost of air fares $1400/ea and the state of the dollar (0.74 Euro/$) made us reconsider. We're looking a vacations closer to home.
I'm sorry that your green currency isn't appreciated very much here in Europe (not only in Eurozone, e.g. in my country US $ has recently dropped to the rate as low as 11 years ago) . Maybe follow Effendi (not literally, I don't suggest replacing Italy just with Belarus ) and go east of the EU - over there dollar should retain some of its purchasing power

PS. And what's wrong about "Anglo-German-Nordic life"? Is it hard to to be rich and well-organised ?

Old
  (#9)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Talking 03-05-2007, 20:30

Dedicated to Przemolog...

МІНСК

БРЭСТ

ГРОДНА

And no one tried to arrest me!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#10)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 04-05-2007, 10:58

Quote:
Dedicated to Przemolog...

And no one tried to arrest me!
Wow, what a nice collection of Vladimirs Iliches

BTW, a few words of explanations about arresting. I told Effendi that my father had been in Minsk several years ago and then a policeman had forbidden him to a take a photo of the Lenin monument. But things have changed - happily in good direction .

PS. It seems that you moved back towards the Polish border (Brest and Grodna) . It's a pity you couldn't start your Belarusian trip in one of those cities - this would make the ticket issue much simplier: no-reservation local cross-border train would be OK .