PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
marekg (Offline)
Official Member

Default looking for info - 02-02-2007, 14:21

Dear PrepaidGSM.net members,

I’d like to ask you for some information related to mobile phones usage specific to particular countries, where you might have deep knowledge about.

For those interested in more deep explanation of what I’m asking for I can send mail with more text, also explaining how it is in PL

1. what is official position of mobile operators for using GSM gateways – allowed/not allowed, forbidden/not forbidden, restricted/not restricted or don’t care ?

2. what are best 1-2 prepaid offers with following terms:
a. lowest cost of calls to PSTN
b. allowed few cheaper numbers of same network (e.g. friends)
[ Effendi does great job with collecting prepaid offers from all over the world, but
I’m asking about something usually available in form of promotion or special
package.
For example: in PL is possible to make calls from prepaids for € 0.04 /
min. brutto, while best postpaid offer for the same calls is € 0.09 / min. brutto ]

3. availability of nongeographical PSTN numbers, and possibility of making calls to these numbers from mobiles
[ each PSTN number has assigned area code, usually some city – nongeographical means, that there is area code of virtual nature: not assigned to any geographic place, but available to all other networks on the basis of local PSTN call ]
In PL these numbers are foreseen by default for VoIP usage and in few weeks should be fully available.
Please note, that this would be just perfect solution as call forwarding from home country mobile to foregin country mobile – of course internet (also mobile internet) programmable.

Thanks in advance for all replies,
/\/\arekg

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 02-02-2007, 15:38

Hi Marek, nice to see you here again!
I can tell you that GSM gateways are forbidden in Italy with all the 4 operators. Of course they are still much used anyway...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim