PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-11-2006, 03:09

I'm in Portugal and mondowind wont let me top up with my UK credit cards... looks like there's not much I can do about that.

However, I can get someone to bring me a UK O2 Top Up voucher..... But will it work in Portugal?

The following:

"I got it working just now!!!

It seems I had to switch over to the o2 network then call the 4242 number directly instead of using that code. It then gave me a menu in Italian which gave the option to toput using a starmap alliance card.

For info a 30 Euro topup gave me 25 Euro of credit."

comes from this thread:

http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/inde...showtopic=1639

which suggests that you have to be using the network of the voucher being used to top up

If this is correct... I'm sh*t out of luck

Any help gratefully accepted

Richard

Old
  (#2)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-11-2006, 03:10

BTW

Portugal doesnt seem to be part of the Starmap Alliance, so I dont think I can use a Portuguese network top up card..... Or can I?

Cheers

Richard

Old
  (#3)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 07-11-2006, 15:04

you CAN'T

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#4)
Richard10002 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 13-11-2006, 22:52

Andrea.... as I thought

Anyway.. it no longer matters as the change in the WIND deal to 16MB for 30 Euros is no longer worth using for me.

I can use WIFI from my boat in Portugal, and T-Mobile or Orange in the UK for unlimited use for ?1 per day, so I am taken care of at the moment.

It also seems that mobile internet rates are gradually becoming competitive fo in-country connections, so local sims may be the way to go.

It's a great shame as I thought WIND was showing the industry the way, and would eventually force competitive roaming.