PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-11-2005, 01:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTuesday
Although Manx Telecom (fixed and mobile) is part of O2, the roaming agreements are different from 02 UK. For example Mexico is missing.
Oh sorry. I think the people selling these need to educate themselves a bit. UK number, call divert from mobile, now this ...

Old
  (#12)
MrEd (Offline)
DEALER
Advanced Member

Default 27-11-2005, 15:55

Hi

The Geodesa SIM is the same as the 0044 one, only it has ?10 inc. on the account.

Ed

Old
  (#13)
MrEd (Offline)
DEALER
Advanced Member

Default 27-11-2005, 16:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0700700
already posted in another thread its a product by 0044.co.uk , apparently, but somewhere they mentioned the number being +4477*** so im really confused :wacko:

see
http://www.geodesa.com/Sim_Cards/sim_cards.html

it puts you throught to 0044 online shop
Its not a 077 number its an 07624 and the 0044 product is the same as the GeoSIM, just diferrent dealers.

Dont be confused. Its a very simple product.

Old
  (#14)
MrEd (Offline)
DEALER
Advanced Member

Default 27-11-2005, 16:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
Oh sorry. I think the people selling these need to educate themselves a bit. UK number, call divert from mobile, now this ...
Andy

I think we spoke.

What do you mean "now this....."

May be I can clarify.

Ed

Old
  (#15)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 28-11-2005, 00:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEd
Andy

I think we spoke.

What do you mean "now this....."

May be I can clarify.

Ed
Whether we spoke or not, don't forget I've spoken to others.

Ok, some website statements have been modified, but it still says British number; this is probably splitting hairs as far as most foreign networks will be concerned, but for British customers, there are reasons to find out ...

It is (or was) ambiguous in some dealer statements whether it is a British network, and also whether it comes from cross-net minutes or not. The other dealer's materials suggested that people find out call diversion costs, but if it is counted as a foreign network then call diversion is actually impossible, except from O2.

To be fair though, even enquiries at Orange O2 and 3 have not been answered as clearly as possible. And I've since found one company that describes it as O2 and forwards to it at the same tariff (8.4p/min); their callback is interesting at 9.5p.

RTuesday points out that the roaming agreements are not identical to O2 - again unexpected differences with statements that it would be the same.

Other people here have pointed out that it looks expensive with a small amount of credit, which impression is not improved by having ?40 and ?50 prices on eBay for the same item. Now that there are more global SIMs appearing, a more competitive price might be helpful.

Perhaps 0700700's understanding of the similarities and differences between 0044 and Geodesa derives from the fact that Geodesa seems to an 0044 agent on some products, and a rival on others.

And to go back to whether it is counted as British or Isle of Man mobile, enquiries of a number of cheap call providers are met with the statement that their covered destinations are shown on their website, which doesn't actually answer the question. Perhaps you could tell UK readers whether 18866, 1899, Simply-Fone and other cheap providers can access these as UK numbers, and also comment on tariffs from UK mobile networks?

And whether an introductory offer might lower the price to ?25 or 30?

Old
  (#16)
MrEd (Offline)
DEALER
Advanced Member

Default 28-11-2005, 10:27

Andy

Of course, the user needs to confirm with theire respective operator - land line and mobile - what the costs and functionality they have when calling and Isle of Mann 07624 number.

RE your comment "To be fair though, even enquiries at Orange O2 and 3 have not been answered as clearly as possible. And I've since found one company that describes it as O2 and forwards to it at the same tariff (8.4p/min); their callback is interesting at 9.5p."

I am not sure if you are comparing the same product here. There is no call back charge.

Please show links to the O2 staements. I would be interested to see if this is indeed they same product.

Other people here have pointed out that it looks expensive with a small amount of credit, which impression is not improved by having ?40 and ?50 prices on eBay for the same item. Now that there are more global SIMs appearing, a more competitive price might be helpful.

Point noted on price difference - I belive the other supplier has reduced the price. However. There a other "global SIMs" However there are non like this one (other than branding differencces). Given what the savings are with the free inbound calls and lower call out rates, this SIM will save way beyond the cost. I have made single calls when abroad that have cost more than the card, so it has the potentail to recoup it's cost in one call.

As you have found, acsertaing rates from various providers is a challenging. If users of services/carriers like 18866, 1899 etc wish to check on rates to call the 07624 IOM number, they can directly with their provider.

Do not loose sight of the fact that this SIM is a new unique product and the savings are significant. Given other functionality, like conference calling, online call initation, call recording (via web interface), realtim online billing and many others, it is a better product than other "foreign global SIMs"

Given the points above re savings and functionality and the fact that they are selling rapidly to business and consumer users, the curent price is exceptional value.

Old
  (#17)
0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 28-11-2005, 10:43

maybe its just me MrEd, but i am yet to see you sell one on your ebay auctions

Old
  (#18)
MrEd (Offline)
DEALER
Advanced Member

Default 28-11-2005, 11:26

I have other outlets and distributions networks.

Old
  (#19)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 28-11-2005, 18:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEd
Of course, the user needs to confirm with theire respective operator - land line and mobile - what the costs and functionality they have when calling and Isle of Mann 07624 number.

RE your comment "To be fair though, even enquiries at Orange O2 and 3 have not been answered as clearly as possible. And I've since found one company that describes it as O2 and forwards to it at the same tariff (8.4p/min); their callback is interesting at 9.5p."

I am not sure if you are comparing the same product here. There is no call back charge.

Please show links to the O2 staements. I would be interested to see if this is indeed they same product.

As you have found, acsertaing rates from various providers is a challenging. If users of services/carriers like 18866, 1899 etc wish to check on rates to call the 07624 IOM number, they can directly with their provider.

Do not loose sight of the fact that this SIM is a new unique product and the savings are significant. Given other functionality, like conference calling, online call initation, call recording (via web interface), realtim online billing and many others, it is a better product than other "foreign global SIMs"
In view of statements that it has a UK number, and remarks were made about call diversion, I didn't think it was too ambitious to ask for the SIM suppliers (who might have actually used one, it is to be hoped) to clarify what direct and diversion tariffs to call the SIM might be, but it appears that will have to wait.

There are other global SIMs and of course local SIM use is possible. This card certainly has cheaper indigenous tariffs then the other multi-country ones - roughly on a par with local SIM and callback, but when compared with other global SIMs used with independent callback the field is more level - 12 or 14c vs 15 or 18c vs 9.5p.

Most of the other facilities you mention, and call diversion, are available from other companies if not the SIM suppliers.

Old
  (#20)
MrEd (Offline)
DEALER
Advanced Member

Default 28-11-2005, 18:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0700700
maybe its just me MrEd, but i am yet to see you sell one on your ebay auctions
Just sold one!