PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
0700700 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-02-2006, 23:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller
I have just tested my Riiing SIM with a Motorola a835 in Austria. The SIM registers in A1-Network straight with 3G but I couldn't receive a videocall. The videocall went to the voicemailbox of Riiing. And I got a message to call 077 to pick up my voicemail.

Greetings from Austria

BK
oh well great to see other people testing ! :bye2:

Old
  (#12)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 23-02-2006, 18:26

Just come back from Switzerland, where there were 3 UMTS networks, but United Mobile has some problems with those nets. No videocall, and sometimes also normal voice call has some problems. Fortunately I used it on my S55, always roaming on Orange with no problems at all. The same in Italy on Wind, also on the train.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#13)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 26-02-2006, 16:11

I've been using Riiing in the UAE, Oman, and Hong Kong without a problem. I also have an 09 SIM but went with Riiing for the voicemail. It costs me a bit more, but I knew I needed voicemail at the moment.

I've also been packing a prepaid SIM card from Etisilat and CSL in my other phone.

Stu

Old
  (#14)
Klaus Wegener (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-03-2006, 17:06

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
About the welcome texts - you'll get a few of these in German, and most of the messages appear to me to assume it's a normal Mobilkom SIM
Regarding the welcome texts in German language: I was in Singapore and got a welcome text, telling me the exchange rate Singapore Dollar <--> Swiss Franc. Is Swiss Franc used in Liechtenstein? I am not so sure. At least, it is used in Switzerland, and United Mobile is a Swiss company (although it uses Liechtenstein infrastructure). So the German welcomg text could be, because you are identified either as Swiss or Liechtenstein citizen

In February, I have been in Brazil and Paraguay. In Brasil, Riiing registered to TIM in Sao Paulo and worked quite fine. In Paraguay, it registered to VOX but it did not work so well, I was not able to receive one incoming call. Outgoing calls worked very very badly (Callback did not come nearly never). But at least incoming SMS worked very well

Regards,
Klaus

Old
  (#15)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-03-2006, 17:56

Yes in Liechtenstein they use the Swiss Franc, United Mobile is often seen as Mobilkom FL.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#16)
maccoy (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 06-03-2006, 22:24

I received my United Mobile card today and I tried to register on french 3G networks.
It doesn't work on any of them.
On Orange 3G, after few seconds the phone displays "emergency only" ant then registers on 2G.
SFR hasn't got any roaming agreement so is impossible to register on this net.
Bouygues hasn't open the 3G yet but the sim card works well on 2G.

Prepaid
I: Vodafone, Wind, 3; F: Bouygues Telecom; M: Melita; INT: Travelsim, Zeromobile.