PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
hawkdeira (Offline)
Advanced Member

Post Trip report - Iceland - 09-04-2007, 22:02

I was in Reykjavik for a week before Easter and could not get Riiing to work at all (although it is a country for which they list coverage). Although the request for a call seemed to go off to Siminn no call back was ever received. This happened at least six times.

The other Icelandic network (Og Vodafone) would not even accept the call request and gave error message "call barred".

In contrast my colleague (using MyCherryMobile, a Manx rebrand) had little trouble using Siminn, 95% success on calls first time and 90% success on texts first time.

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 10-04-2007, 09:03

Did you try using the menu call/anrufen? Or did you try with different phones? It could be a phone problem maybe... otherwise I suggest you to write UM telling about these problems...

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
hawkdeira (Offline)
Advanced Member

Post 10-04-2007, 14:49

Hi Effendi - yes I was dialling out through Menu/Anrufen - have emailed UM to see if they have anything to say.

I was using a Nokia phone I have used before in Spain, Menorca, Gibraltar and Republic of Ireland with no problems.

H