PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
rodric (Offline)

Default is this bizarre? - 22-07-2012, 16:03

How often do the Euro carriers change their roaming packages? Didn't Vodafone.it have a 2.50 euro rate for 50mb/day? Now it appears to be 15 Euro based on this post?

Old
  (#12)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 22-07-2012, 16:19

The European union consists of 27 countries with each having 3 MNOs on average. Despite some operators belong to multinational corporations (such as Vodafone, France Telecom/Orange, Deutsche Telekom/T-Mobile, Telefonica) they are all run independently, thus it's not unusal that some of these 80+ companies change their roaming tariffs from time to time, especially as wholesale and recently also retail tariffs became subject to tightening regulation by the EU.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#13)
trevmar (Offline)

Default 01-08-2012, 03:46

And Vodafone Ireland has just cut back their Roaming countries outside Europe to just a handful. Arbitrarily, without giving anybody notice... Well, at least I didn't get notice for either my main or spare voda.ie SIMs.

If you were on a Vodafone Now! plan, it seems you have been converted to passport, whether you like it or not.

The solution I have found is to use the new Russian Beeline Roaming tariff in 260 countries. Usage is 'unlimited', after 7MB from the 3G networks you are throttled to 16KBps for the rest of your 'unlimited' 24hrs. Cost is six euros (249 Rubles) per 24 hr period.

Details here, in Russian (what we do without Google Translate?)
????? ???? ????????? ????????? ? ?????????? ???????? ????????? ????? ??????

Old
  (#14)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 19-08-2012, 13:05

Internet on your phone abroad - the price is the same (€2,99 per day for 50MB) and the list of participating countries seems to have gotten larger rather than smaller! I see Switzerland and Norway on the list, which AFAIR weren't on it before. Albania is gone though. Other than that, it's the usual EU list.

Mobile internet sim cards:
INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Feel free to consult me about sim cards in the Benelux and Poland.

Old
  (#15)
rodric (Offline)

Default Daily fee? - 07-09-2012, 14:08

If you have a top up deal that gives you free internet the only cost should be the 2 euro a day?