PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 26-05-2009, 17:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
A German bank account is only required when ordering Fonic online. If you buy it at a shop, you definitely don't need a bank account.
Correct you probably don't need an account to buy it in a brick and mortar store but you need a bank account to register it and it is useless without registration. Maybe this changed but this is what they say, now, on their website:

Quote:
Um die FONIC SIM-Karte auf sich registrieren lassen zu können, benötigen Sie ein deutsches Bankkonto, eine Adresse in Deutschland und müssen mindestens 16 Jahre alt sein. Bei Kunden unter 18 Jahren ist die Einwilligung des gesetzlichen Vertreters erforderlich. Bei Online-Bestellung ist darüber hinaus eine Teilnahme am Lastschrift-Einzugsverfahren mit einer auf den Kunden laufenden Bankverbindung notwendig.

Old
  (#12)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-05-2009, 18:17

The FAQ say:
Quote:
Welche Daten muss ich bei der Registrierung bereithalten?
Bitte halten Sie für die Registrierung die folgenden Daten bereit: Name, Adresse, Geburtsdatum, ggf. Email-Adresse sowie ggf. Ihre aktuelle Bankverbindung.
in English:
Quote:
Which information do I need to have ready for registration?
For registration please have ready the following information: name, address, date ob birth, if applicable email-address as well as if applicable your current bank details.
So neither eMail-address nor bank details are mandatory for registration any longer.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#13)
razfaz (Offline)
Official Member

Default 07-06-2009, 15:55

If you need web access only, any "callya" prepaid vodafone SIM will do. Preferably bought cheap from ebay for a Euro or so. You then book the option "Vodafone live! Internet für CallYa" (I think you have to dial 22044 to activate this option). The price will be 15€ per month, with the first month free! So basically, if you just toss the SIM after one month, there won't be any further costs. You can freely access the whole web via the Vodafone proxy. Vodafone does not check or limit which device you're using.

However, only web access will be possible (UMTS included). But for one month, unlimited traffic and only 1€ for the card from ebay, that's quite o.k.

Should you continue using the card after the free month, you will only be charged 15€ should you recharge that amount, if not the option will be deactivated until you've recharged 15€.

Old
  (#14)
razfaz (Offline)
Official Member

Default 07-06-2009, 15:59

Access point is "wap.vodafone.de" Proxy is 139.7.29.1, Port 80
Unrestricted http and https access.

Old
  (#15)
sermarco (Offline)

Default 08-06-2009, 11:23

Thank you for the indication i'm just came back from Germany at the and i bought a Fonic al Lidl, a recharge at jet and make the activation on internet without a german banc account but fortunately with the help of a german person....
It was not so easy but at the and i got it and it work wery well thanks also at the information number that speek english!
Thank you again to Inquisitor and all the other people who give me all the information.
By by
Marco

Old
  (#16)
jongerenchaos (Offline)

Default 09-06-2009, 07:10

Is there a way to use streaming with Symbian Internet Radio application from nokia with the Vodafone live! Internet für CallYa package? Or is it only for port 80 / 433 webserving?

Old
  (#17)
razfaz (Offline)
Official Member

Smile 09-06-2009, 22:15

>Or is it only for port 80 / 433
Yes, it's only port 80, you can set up a tunnel, but I'm sure that would be rather slow.
However, with the Vodafone setup, all web pages work there's no limit.
Given the fact that you can get 50 SIMs for 15€ on ebay, you can experiment.

There are several tunnel servers available on the internet, even free, you just need a PC to run them.

Old
  (#18)
razfaz (Offline)
Official Member

Default 09-06-2009, 22:35

File size isn't limited and it's HSDPA, so maybe in fact not bad at all for a tunnel!
If you try it, please do post how well a tunnel works.

Old
  (#19)
jongerenchaos (Offline)

Default 10-06-2009, 10:42

I'am now in the netherlands and i can't test them currently.

But for example: In the netherlands we have a company (kpn). And they support also only port 80 and 443. When you try to stream audio over the port 80 (for example an shoutcast service). It won't work, because they do inspect all the internet packages and if the proxyserver found streaming audio they will block this and streaming is not availble on port 80.

Can anybody give and test an example with vodafone callya live! with a tunneloption?

Old
  (#20)
razfaz (Offline)
Official Member

Default 10-06-2009, 20:49

Checked it, no tunnel, just using the proxy on port 80. Youtube.com works and shoutcast.com plays. . Outlook doesn't work, webmail works of course.
Thanks Vodafone!! User Agent is IE5 not changed.