PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
davidtheprof (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-08-2018, 21:41

phone and text working, but no VOIP support...

Old
  (#32)
davidtheprof (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-08-2018, 22:09

testing a bit more - outgoing texts worked, but not incoming.
And the big problem - the UK numbers are for Jersey, the Channel islands. I checked costs for Brits to call, it's 55p/min on Vodaphone, 1 pound/min on EE! This makes these useless for when I'm in the UK, because the whole idea is for local friends and family to call me on their plans.

Old
  (#33)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 28-08-2018, 10:20

That's my main reason for choosing a US number, once I learnt they were Jersey numbers. Even at $0.50/month, it's still a better option for me than those Jersey numbers. They are very expensive to call from anywhere. A UK local sim will serve you best for UK.

PS. This is probably just to use up whatever credit I have left. As my use for these international sims has really diminished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtheprof View Post
And the big problem - the UK numbers are for Jersey, the Channel islands. I checked costs for Brits to call, it's 55p/min on Vodaphone, 1 pound/min on EE! This makes these useless for when I'm in the UK, because the whole idea is for local friends and family to call me on their plans.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#34)
davidtheprof (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 28-08-2018, 17:41

True, we can increasingly use Whatsapp when traveling. TMob US just pushed the cost per minute from 20 to 25c/min in and outbound, while Piranha is cheaper in most countries.

Old
  (#35)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default Usage experience - 08-11-2018, 16:21

I just want to post a recent usage experience - I was in London for 1 day and in Lagos, Nigeria for 9 days. All through the trip, I had my AT&T sim forwarded to the US number associated with sim. Incoming calls received were clear. No issue hearing the other party and vice-versa. All in all, I probably received about 20 calls total. As expected, there was not a charge for any of the incoming calls (did NOT make any outgoing calls on it). Of course, I get charged the monthly $0.50 for the US number.

Please note - The sim has no voicemail associated with it. So, it just gives a busy tone, if the phone happens to be off. I did have a few people try to reach me during the rare occasions that I had my phone off. Phone was on for the most part 24/7. Caller ID was also passed for every single call I received. I was using a Xiaomi Mi mix 2 phone. With Piranha in sim 2, and My Nigeria sim in sim 1. Bottom line - my experience with the sim was positive.

Old
  (#36)
ghostrider (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 10-11-2018, 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
I just want to post a recent usage experience - I was in London for 1 day and in Lagos, Nigeria for 9 days. All through the trip, I had my AT&T sim forwarded to the US number associated with sim. Incoming calls received were clear. No issue hearing the other party and vice-versa. All in all, I probably received about 20 calls total. As expected, there was not a charge for any of the incoming calls (did NOT make any outgoing calls on it). Of course, I get charged the monthly $0.50 for the US number.

Please note - The sim has no voicemail associated with it. So, it just gives a busy tone, if the phone happens to be off. I did have a few people try to reach me during the rare occasions that I had my phone off. Phone was on for the most part 24/7. Caller ID was also passed for every single call I received. I was using a Xiaomi Mi mix 2 phone. With Piranha in sim 2, and My Nigeria sim in sim 1. Bottom line - my experience with the sim was positive.
That's strange. In fact I had to abandon Piranha because it stopped working properly in my dual sim phone.

International roaming sim in portfolio:
Tellink, Lemonsim, Travelsim, Airbalticcard, Mtx Connect.
Slot 1
Ho. Mobile
Slot 2
Tellink Roaming Sim

Abandoned sim cards: Piranha mobile, Ortel Mobile

Old
  (#37)
leon_zawodowiec (Offline)

Default 14-11-2018, 09:18

Hello!
Actually I'm abroad and using a SIM card with Internet from SimGlob - Poland. I totally recommend it, cause i have never had a problem with connection. I'm a trucker so i need an internet access, so i'm really glad about that card is exist
checik it out https://en.simglob.com/

Old
  (#38)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 12-09-2019, 16:27

Anyone else in the USA using a US piranha number have any issues. I can't receive incoming calls on the number. Roaming on AT&T. Outgoing work fine. I have opened a ticket with them.

Took the sim out to test it, in preparation for an upcoming trip.

Old
  (#39)
GadgetKen (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 21-09-2019, 15:13

My outgoing is working after they fixed it but my incoming does not work. Tried on a calling card from a landline and get ringing tone and then "please wait for the next representative." No ringing on mobile phone. Not a big deal for me since I use that line primarily for outgoing. But between Koko and Piranha problems I think it shows JT based roaming chips have issues.

Phones/Wireless Devices: Doogee S90, Isatphone Pro, Amazon Kindle 3G, SkyRoam MiFi device, Karma MiFi device, AT&T Liberate MiFi device
Sim Cards: T-Mobile (Mint), AT&T (Mifi device or Kindle), Koko
Satphone: InMarSat
Broadband US Wireless Data: AT&T postpaid, Sprint (Karma Mobility prepaid)
Broadband International Data: SkyRoam
VOIP: Skype

Old
  (#40)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 21-09-2019, 19:30

It's the reverse for me. Incoming is working, however outgoing drops instantly. I only use it for incoming anyway. I will just live with it the way it is. With whatsapp and the other VOIP options, it's just a matter of time before these global sims pack it up. Their relevance has really diminished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
My outgoing is working after they fixed it but my incoming does not work. Tried on a calling card from a landline and get ringing tone and then "please wait for the next representative." No ringing on mobile phone. Not a big deal for me since I use that line primarily for outgoing. But between Koko and Piranha problems I think it shows JT based roaming chips have issues.

Tags
piranha voip