PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
maryc84 (Offline)

Default Motorola v1075 in USA - 18-01-2007, 22:08

Hi
My sister is going to live near Seattle.
She has an italian mobile-phone: Motorola V1075, which is triband and edge (and Umts, but I think it's not important).
Can she use this mobile-phone there? Can she use it with every American carrier? If not, which operators?

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-01-2007, 08:50

Surely she can use T-Mobile (and MVNOs using T-Mobile network, i.e. Túyo Mobile only, by now) since it uses GSM 1900 only (even if maybe they are implementing GSM 850 as well now...), but probably an 850/1900 handset would offer better coverage and many more offers with Cingular and its many MVNOs...

So, the V1075 works in GSM (no UMTS), but she won't have the best coverage.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
maryc84 (Offline)

Default 19-01-2007, 10:31

ok thank you!
I think that she wants to use an italian mobile-phone only in the first period there... then she will use an American mobile-phone...

Old
  (#4)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-01-2007, 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryc84 View Post
I think that she wants to use an italian mobile-phone only in the first period there... then she will use an American mobile-phone...
Maybe she can take a look on eBay for a cheap dual band (850/1900) phone or buy one with a prepaid card (mostly MVNOs offer only phone-kits).

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#5)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 19-01-2007, 11:39

Tmobile is primarily a 1900 ONLY carrier with roaming on the 850 band in some remote areas. So, I would say she is okay. Actually, most of the people that I know on tmobile have only the 1900 band. They use the 900/1800/1900 phone, which was all tmobike used to carry until recently. I have a tmobile payg sim in an eurasian nokia 3120 without any problems at all.areas.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#6)
maryc84 (Offline)

Default 19-01-2007, 12:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
Maybe she can take a look on eBay for a cheap dual band (850/1900) phone or buy one with a prepaid card (mostly MVNOs offer only phone-kits).
ehe.. yes but in the first period she doesn't want to use an American mobile-phone but an Italian one.. I think it's only a "psychological problem": she wants her own italian things in a foreign country...

Old
  (#7)
maryc84 (Offline)

Default 19-01-2007, 12:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
Tmobile is primarily a 1900 ONLY carrier with roaming on the 850 band in some remote areas. So, I would say she is okay. Actually, most of the people that I know on tmobile have only the 1900 band. They use the 900/1800/1900 phone, which was all tmobike used to carry until recently. I have a tmobile payg sim in an eurasian nokia 3120 without any problems at all.areas.
Thank you! And (in general), is Tmobile a good and convenient carrier?

Last edited by maryc84; 19-01-2007 at 13:02..

Old
  (#8)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-01-2007, 13:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryc84 View Post
ehe.. yes but in the first period she doesn't want to use an American mobile-phone but an Italian one.. I think it's only a "psychological problem": she wants her own italian things in a foreign country...
So don't tell her that Motorola is American!

Anyway you can find T-Mobile's tariffs here on PrepaidGSM, just click on "National Operators" up above on the menu, and then choose America, USA.

Old
  (#9)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-01-2007, 14:31

Will the phone need to be unlocked, or do I remember reading that Italian phones are not locked?

Old
  (#10)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-01-2007, 14:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Will the phone need to be unlocked, or do I remember reading that Italian phones are not locked?
V1075 is a Vodafone IT phone, so it's not locked. Only "3" locks the phones (much less now...)