PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#111)
Moshe (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 05-02-2010, 23:05

How can the "bottom line" be that I'm at fault for loading money onto my SIM? What the &"*£?

I load a lot of money onto my SIMs because I do a lot of work in remote, third-world areas with not much access to a computer. If that makes me culpable for getting screwed by Celtrek and Global Roaming, then I may as well forget about ever being accessible to my family and colleagues while I am doing dangerous work in farflung areas. "Sorry, I can't load money onto a roaming SIM because if I lose it then I'm at fault." Really?

Luckily I am working in New York this week and had my Maxroam with me. I gave Celtrek many chances to give me a response -- ANY response -- to my queries. Not so much as a form email was received. Are you kidding me??

I had to laugh when I checked the "knowledge base" on their site and it was empty. Says it all about the people running Global Roaming, I think.

Old
  (#112)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-02-2010, 23:28

I apologize if it sounded that way. I am in no way blaming you at all. It's just that I have been burnt by a few of them, that I now load it up when I am about to use it.

Hopefully, it's just a temporary glitch and they resolve it soon.

QUOTE=Moshe;30970]How can the "bottom line" be that I'm at fault for loading money onto my SIM?[/QUOTE]

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#113)
Moshe (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 05-02-2010, 23:48

Thanks, Bossman, I appreciate it. Sorry if I seemed to get irate with you -- it's not you, it's Global Roaming/Celtrek.

Even worse? I got the CEO's personal email address via a friend on Facebook. My friend tells me that the CEO is posting about going to the Super Bowl on Sunday. I wonder whose money paid for those tickets, and why he hasn't responded to any of my emails??

It just stinks. I expect more from my people.

Old
  (#114)
frenchfry (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-02-2010, 02:46

The Owner made a ton of money when they did the stock IPO. He sold a lot of his stock before it tanked. That is what is paying for his Super Bowl tickets.

After there fall last year when they had to restart it reassured me to not keep a lot of money in my account. I want to add a second world chip to my lineup, But I have not found one I like. I may do Maxroam, But with then using the same source for service Cubic Telecom is holding me back.

I tolerate there down time because I only go out of the USA once or twice a year and lone the phone to my aunt and friend another two times. Lucky for me the service has been up for those four times a year.

I hope that they have not tanked again like last year.

Old
  (#115)
Moshe (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-02-2010, 03:27

frenchfry, thanks for the insight. This whole operation sounds shadier and shadier the more I learn. I wonder if "cizake" will show his face here to explain why his service is down with no notification to customers, no response to support queries, and no sign of life whatsoever for DAYS on end. Probably doesn't have the guts.

Last edited by andy; 10-02-2010 at 03:13..

Old
  (#116)
frenchfry (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-02-2010, 03:49

I think that the owner thought his company was going to be big. So his selling of of his stock may not be considered a scam.

I do hope they make it. They have the best rates to the USA of all of the world chips.

MaxRoam and Cubic Telecom are one of the same which tells me that this is a Celtrek issue. Not like last year when both Celtrek and Maxroam went down.

Old
  (#117)
Moshe (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-02-2010, 04:06

frenchfry, that's what I don't get -- Maxroam has been good as gold, no downtime. If Maxroam runs on Celtrek's network ... doesn't make sense to me.

Still waiting for "cizake" to show his face here and explain why he's ignoring his customers who have had no service for days on end.

Last edited by andy; 06-02-2010 at 05:40..

Old
  (#118)
frenchfry (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-02-2010, 04:32

It is the other way around.

Cubic Telecom and Max Roam are the main company and one of the same.

Celtrek/Global Roaming is a Cubic Telecom partner using there setup.

Old
  (#119)
Moshe (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 06-02-2010, 04:46

frenchfry, I'm confused ... according to a Global Roaming press release I found from a cursory Google search, "Cubic Telecom's renowned MAXroam service uses GRDB's CelTrek technology allowing roaming in over 170 countries at up to 90% cost savings."

Yet Maxroam works perfectly and CelTrek is totally hosed, FUBAR, kaput. Hence my puzzlement. Just glad I had my Maxroam with me!!

Old
  (#120)
Stu (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 06-02-2010, 14:28

Everyone on this forum has been bitten by a failure, or two, or three of a roaming SIM. We have all learned the hard way to keep our balances low. We are not blaming you, but even companies that seem well capitalized (e.g. United Mobile) have failed.