PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 06-02-2008, 18:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyroam- View Post
There has to be credit on the distributors/suppler account and that intern has to be allocated to your personal account.

No credit = No callback, No SMS, No inbound calls

All credit and web access services (pin number) have been removed for all users and this can only be reinstated by the distributor/suppler.

You will need to contact your distributor/suppler first.

According to eKit's customer service there are no plans to reactivate Callkey based SIM cards.

Would it be possible for other resellers to take these SIM cards over and reactivate them?!

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#22)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Thumbs up 06-02-2008, 18:57

I just tried calling my GT (ex Callblue) number (07624-120xxx) and the phone, registered on the Rogers network in Canada, rang.

VladS
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow

Old
  (#23)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default freeGlobalsim is working too - 06-02-2008, 19:13

I just tried calling my number too. It rang! I forgot I had it forwarded to my US mobile number before they went belly up! Well, it's still forwarded. As my mobile rang. I was surprised, as I actually answered the call, thinking someone else was calling me.

Kind of surprising though. Since freeGlobalsim is no more. So, I am assuming they reactivated all sims for now. Now, I have to get home a look for the sim whre I think I threw it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladS View Post
I just tried calling my GT (ex Callblue) number (07624-120xxx) and the phone, registered on the Rogers network in Canada, rang.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#24)
MrEd (Offline)
DEALER
Advanced Member

Default 06-02-2008, 23:37

Quote:
According to eKit's customer service there are no plans to reactivate Callkey based SIM cards.

Would it be possible for other resellers to take these SIM cards over and reactivate them?!
Like GeoSIM is?

http://www.globalsimcard.co.uk/adopt_form.php

Old
  (#25)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 10-02-2008, 01:14

Quote:

In any case, ekit have been offering their own replacement for some time, but you might try asking them the question again, as I don't think the matter necessarily is closed. I'm waiting for them waiting for more info.

It's been possible to transfer across reseller lines for some time. Indeed, according to a check of my emails, I asked the question 16 months ago. Although it was approved then, I never did it, and now that reseller will see it as a conflict of their interest - some negotiating to do ...

Old
  (#26)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 10-02-2008, 20:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
In any case, ekit have been offering their own replacement for some time, but you might try asking them the question again, as I don't think the matter necessarily is closed. I'm waiting for them waiting for more info.
According to one of the supervisors in eKit's Boston callcenter there are no plans to re-activate any of the Callkey based SIM cards. At least this was their position on 2/5.

I also got the same impression talking to the GT-SIM chap. They plan to issue replacement SIMs and don't plan to reactivate Callkey based ones.

While I might not mind paying a porting fee to recover several of my 7624 numbers, I would never sign up with a provider who charges montly or annual fees or impose minimum monthly or quarterly usage quotas. Are there any other providers offering to port defunct Callkey cards?!

VladS

Old
  (#27)
easyroam- (Offline)
DEALER
Prepaid Fan

Default Callkey numbers - 12-02-2008, 23:48

As long at the dealer is no longer trading with callkey anymore,
It can be ported to a new distributor/dealer.

What ever happens, customers have until 29th April to port over, Then the sim card will be dead for good !

Last edited by andy; 26-02-2008 at 21:04.. Reason: other dealer brands, other comment removed

Old
  (#28)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-02-2008, 00:58

Is it only GeoSIM that still use CallKey?

Old
  (#29)
diclidophora (Offline)

Default GT-SIM anything doing in the UK ? - 20-02-2008, 14:34

Nothing doing with GT-SIM in the UK. My credit is still showing on their web site, but no action despite a statement from them that they were going to send out new sims or refund the money.

Old
  (#30)
JohnDoe

Default 05-03-2008, 14:23

Some news for those who use GT-SIM.

New rates for outgoing calls 0,19 €Cent fixed, 0,29 €Cent mobile

INCOMING 0,19 €Cent (there will be no longer free incoming calls)

DID will be available also for various countries (incoming on DID 0,19 €Cent)

GT-SIM will be no longer use the Callkey platform. New SIM cards with UK numbers will issued beginning from 11/March/08.