PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
sailorbg (Offline)

Default 30-09-2007, 12:10

My Globalsim.de card stop responding esterday. It was impossible to register in ANY network in Spain. After tommorrow I'll try using it in France and Italy and I'll post the result here.

Prepaid GSM: Mtel(bg), Globul(bg), Vivatel(bg), Vodofone(gr), Vodagone(uk), Wind(it), Golobalsim

Old
  (#12)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 30-09-2007, 15:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorbg View Post
My Globalsim.de card stop responding esterday. It was impossible to register in ANY network in Spain. After tommorrow I'll try using it in France and Italy and I'll post the result here.
Don't think that it makes a difference. Like they wrote the systems does not work at all. So it does not matter in what country you are in you can't register.

I asume that when you log into a network, that network contact the operator of the sim card to check the data and if you are allowed to receive any calls. It seems that this is not working at all.

Old
  (#13)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-10-2007, 01:47

Just received this from Globalcalling.com/FreeGlobalSIM.com...

Dear Valued Customer,

This is a Global SIM Network Announcement. The Global SIM Service is currently not functioning due to a major service outage with our network provider CallKey. CallKey has informed us that they are working the situation as best they can, but it is likely that they will not have the system up and running until Monday at the earliest.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Please know that we are making every possible effort to get the service back up and running with CallKey and will communicate with you as this situation progresses.

Chris Wixom

President

Old
  (#14)
Keighleyboy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 01-10-2007, 01:55

Very old 0044/SIMazing IOM card not working and inbound calls not possible
GT-SIM euro and aussie version not working and no inbound calls
FreeGlobalSIM.com SIM not working and no inbound calls
MeSIM not working and no incoming calls
Cherry Mobile SIM not working and no incoming calls

Tried both 07624xxxxxx and 07924xxxxxx type numbers, non are working.

Their websites and host4tele.com backoffice sites working fine though

Just hope CallKey gets things sorted soon, i liked using their service

(Just to make sure it wasn't all of the isle of man that had stopped working i tried a TruPhone.com number 0762400xxxx and it worked)

Old
  (#15)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 01-10-2007, 08:37

I have seen network problems before but never have I heard that it has taken this long for the ntwork to get back online. This does say something about callkey and I would expect a pressrelease saying what the problem was and how the can prevent this in future.

I think this is needed as cellular phone is part of our life and you want to be reached on a number you handout. Certainly when you are selling a roaming free products that business people also use. An outage means not reachable and this is not good.

Old
  (#16)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 02-10-2007, 00:29

Still no progress! This is getting annoying as I depend on this. Had a look at the Geosim site and I see this:

Quote:
Service Alert Update.

Received from Service Provider 12:02 Monday 1st October

"There is no update to the status of the system that we can give at this time - it is still not functioning for all SIM activities.
There will be a further update at 6pm BST today."

Service Alert -

Service Providers System is Non Operational - All calls affected

10:17 Monday 1st October.

All calls to and from GeoSIM are still being affected by the system outage of the service provider as detailed below.

We are awaiting an update from the service provider advising us when service will be resumed.

We apologise for the ongoing lack of service which is beyond our control
However no update at 6PM!

Old
  (#17)
hrgajek (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 02-10-2007, 09:29

Hello World,

as far as I was told, there could be a "non technical problem" on the Isle of Man where Callkey.com (the platform operator) and Manx Telecom (the network operator, a subsidy of o2 plc) are located.

As far as I understood, this problem could last minimum to end of week.

If you dial +44 7624 1xxxxx from a working phone you get an announcement, that "the number is not available."
If you dial e.g. +44 7624 2xxxxx you get another message that "the number is not recognized."

Seems to me, they have blocked our numbers/SIM cards, for whatever reasons.

To learn how many numbers are affected, what are your first two digits after +44 7624 ?? xxxx

Mine are 19xxxx (Globalsim.de) I know customers with 14xxxx (Globalsim.de and GT-SIM)

Are other Area Codes in use with callkey?

73 & 55 (Regards)
Henning Gajek
on air with:
Telekom (T-Mobile) DE - Vodafone DE - Telefonica-(o2) DE - FreeTimeTele.com (DE/UK) - Swisscom CH -

Old
  (#18)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-10-2007, 11:05

mine is 7624 17xx (globalsimcard.co.uk)

could you give some more info on "non technical problem" what do you mean with this.
Some financial problems ?
Political problems O2 wants to shut down roaming free cards ?

How did you understood that it could last till at least end of the week. You seem to know more so just give some info.

Old
  (#19)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 02-10-2007, 11:06

There was a posting here. I think it was removed immediately. It mentioned that it's a "Financial issue". That's not too good. So, until an agreement is reached, if ever, the service will be off line.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#20)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 02-10-2007, 12:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
There was a posting here. I think it was removed immediately. It mentioned that it's a "Financial issue". That's not too good. So, until an agreement is reached, if ever, the service will be off line.

hrgajek was saying a non technical problem and indeed in most cases that would be a financial problem. Normally these kind of problems and not published as they want to keep them secret because it would hurt a companier name.