PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-12-2011, 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi View Post
Kimdo it depends on you and what you need. The "per tablet" options can only be used on tablets and not for tethering. The Internet 40 and Internet Senza Limiti can be used in any way you prefer. This applies also to Wind and COOP offers.
If you just have a tablet and want to use it for surfing you do not need the Mifi. If you have more devices with which you want to connect to internet with the same sim-card you need the Mifi and so the "per tablet" offers won't suit your needs.
Effendi, thanks for your advises and information. I am now more clearer about which plan is suitable for me. I need a same sim-card for tethering, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Internet 40, Internet 100 and Internet Senza Limit are different options.

About sim-card activation, I will use the Mifi to send SMS for activation. Besides, have to change the APN to inbox.tim.it then receive the replied SMS from TIM.

Many thanks

Old
  (#22)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-12-2011, 16:54

ibox.tim.it, witout the n

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#23)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 21-12-2011, 22:07

Quote:
ibox.tim.it, witout the n

ha.... typing error. Thanks again

Old
  (#24)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 22-12-2011, 00:15

Effendi, do you think the TIM shop at Roma Termini will help me to activate the 10G Internet Senza Limiti plan? So, what I have to do is simpe insert the SIM Card into my Mifi, and change the APN "ibox.tim.it" ... that's all.

Old
  (#25)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 22-12-2011, 01:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimdo View Post
Effendi, do you think the TIM shop at Roma Termini will help me to activate the 10G Internet Senza Limiti plan? So, what I have to do is simpe insert the SIM Card into my Mifi, and change the APN "ibox.tim.it" ... that's all.
I go through again your "Prepaid DATA in Italy", you mentioned that

Internet on your PC:
Internet Senza Limiti: 10 GB/month worth of data for € 24.00/month (plus € 5.00 activation cost)

Just send an SMS to the short number 40916 (free while in Italy, roaming rate when abroad) writing (text in orange):
- Internet Senza Limiti: PRO INTERNETSENZALIMITI

I have also searched from TIM Fag, same as your information.

May I ask again... When I purchase the above plan, then send an SMS "PRO INTERNETSENZALIMITI" by 40916 for the activation. But no any information about the "SMS Reply". Will I receive a "confirmation SMS", or just wait for a hour, the sim will automatically run itself?

Old
  (#26)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 22-12-2011, 09:31

I think you should receive a confirmation SMS, but I honestly don't know, I have that option on my usb modem but I payed a whole year in advance.
In any case you can check your bundle by writing INFO INTERNETSENZALIMITI to 40916 and it will tell you everything about it. Of course if it's not active it will tell you it's not active.
In any case they can activate the option for you also at the shop.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#27)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 22-12-2011, 13:33

Quote:
I think you should receive a confirmation SMS, but I honestly don't know, I have that option on my usb modem but I payed a whole year in advance.
In any case you can check your bundle by writing INFO INTERNETSENZALIMITI to 40916 and it will tell you everything about it. Of course if it's not active it will tell you it's not active.
In any case they can activate the option for you also at the shop.

I will ask TIM store to activate the sim for me. After that, I can do the rest myself.

Effendi, thanks a lot

Old
  (#28)
kimdo (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-01-2012, 01:13

Hi Effendi,
I have surfed a website "saveonroaming.net", can order the SIM online.
Have you seen it before?

Just wonder why TIM do not offer the online ordering....