PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#361)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-12-2013, 13:37

I've sent an email to CS to ask for the availability of austrian numbers on Toggle, since they've recently launched lycamobile.at. Their answer is surprising, do they realy know about the other parts of their company?

BK

"Further to your email, we are sorry to inform you that currently we do not support Local number feature for Austria. We are always trying to add more countries to our local network hence we hope to be able to add Austria in the future.

We are sorry to say that at the moment we are unable to give you exact time frame for local network in Austria. However we have forwarded your comments to our respective department to explore the option with regards to your query and we will ensure that it will be done at the earliest.

If you would like to be informed about our latest news and offers please let us know and we will add you to our mailing list."

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Old
  (#362)
ChrisNeedsToKnow (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-12-2013, 09:51

Hi bourbonkiller,

in general their left hand doesn´t seem to know what the right hand is doing.

See Belgian numbers (discussed a little earlier in this thread). Toggle actively promised they´d be available "in two weeks" at some stage. That was roughly 3 months ago, and so far: nothing!

I wouldn´t count on what their customer service guys say. I´m not saying it´s the agent´s fault (it´s not), but rather their internal communication seems to be non-existant.

Hence, while actually recommending this product to my friends, I always warn everyone to accept this card "as is", not counting on its reliability and always assuming it could go offline at any time.

It´s a pity, as the underlying idea is really great. But their approach leaves me worried enough not to turn this into my 1-and-only main SIM (unfortunately).

Rgds, Christian

Old
  (#363)
bourbonkiller (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 06-12-2013, 14:05

Hey Christian,

you are right, a wonderful underlying idea with a mediocre operation. To me the card is quite reliable, never had too much of a problem calling out.

I haven't (or better stopped) given out the local numbers of the Toggle Sim to friends and business partners, therefor I do not know how reliable incoming calls are. I've opened a case with CS asking about the possibility of restoring ALL phonenumbers in case a Simcard dies or get lost. The answer has been quite frustrating! They can move all numbers to a new simcard, but not the one, the simcard has been registerred in the network at the last moment before you lost the sim or the simcard died. In my case, I am mostly in the Swiss network and I thought about printing the number on my business cards. But since this number can not be restored on a replacement sim in the event of damage or loss, it simply doesn't make sense. This is just for general knowledge of you guys and have stopped me from using Toggle as my primary SIM. This may change, when austrian numbers gets available, since I live in Austria (close to the swiss border) and would give me the opportunity to restore my swiss toggle number if anything happens to my sim card.

Have you checked lately about Belgian numbers? I've been checking frequently local number availability for the last weeks (for austrian numbers) and there ARE Belgium numbers available within the "my toggle" area. Belgium appears as the last in the drop down list, next to US!

BK

Mobiles: iPhone 7+, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, Blackberry Priv, Honor 8, Lumia 950
Prepaid-SIM: 3 UK, Save Money Sim, Toggle Mobile UK, XX-Sim, Koko Mobile

Old
  (#364)
Advanced Member

Default 06-12-2013, 14:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller View Post
...there ARE Belgium numbers available...
For me Belgium also shows, but I cannot actually obtain a number. All that shows is an error message "Country alias is invalid " - that´s it :/

Also, when logging in, the Belgian flag doesn´t appear next to the advertised countries.

Did anyone manage to actually get a number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonkiller View Post
...They can move all numbers to a new simcard, but not the one, the simcard has been registerred in the network at the last moment before you lost the sim or the simcard died...
Ouch! Another reason not to rely on these guys.

I hope someone comes up with the same product, but implemented in a meaningful manner!

Old
  (#365)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-12-2013, 15:48

Lycamobile Italy has officially launched its Full MVNO activities on the Vodafone network. Maybe sometime in the future they'll add Italy as a 'local rates' country on Toggle Mobile. (Lyca numbers start with (+39) 351, as I told you in my previous posts)

Old
  (#366)
peterdoo (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 06-12-2013, 20:47

Apparently Lycamobile hopes to launch in eight further markets by February 2014, including Canada and countries across Latin America and Asia.

Probably shouldn't take the date too seriously, but there will be more countries.

Just had a case recently that somebody simply returned a call to my UK toggle number displayed on his phone instead of dialing a local number. Caused him quite high bill. Since then I always try to ask callers whether they are calling a local number. Hopefully toggle will be at some time able to arrange for a local number to be displayed when calling numbers in that country.

Old
  (#367)
Advanced Member

Default 19-12-2013, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBK View Post
News from Toggle's twitter, September 16:
  • "Belgium will have local rates and also a local number hopefully this week or the following."
September 16th? Just remembering because I´m in Belgium, and these Toggle/Lyca customer service guys really have no clue what their operative arm is doing.

At least some substance for this post: I asked whether it´s possible to de-activate service texts "welcome to country"... Reply: It´s not possible to de-activate them.

Rgds, Christian

Old
  (#368)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-12-2013, 00:02

Just FYI: https://twitter.com/ToggleMobile/sta...78202922979329

Old
  (#369)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 04-01-2014, 23:33

Anyone else seeing crippled caller IDs for incoming calls on the US number? When I receive calls from Germany on my American number the international code is being omitted.
E.g. a German caller with the MSISDN +49 157 12345678 is shown as +1 57 12345678 on my phone.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#370)
Advanced Member

Default 05-01-2014, 15:04

Hi inquisitor,

just tested for you. I receive calls from Switzerland on togglemobile just fine (for example +41761234567).

Did anyone manage to register a Belgian number?

Rgds,
Christian

Tags
netherlands, toggle