PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#211)
wco81 (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 25-08-2011, 15:22

If you're traveling for an extended period, say at least a week, in another country, get a local SIM there.

For shorter periods, Wifi?

Old
  (#212)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 25-08-2011, 15:25

For very low usage he can use one of these two options by Wind:
- Web Travel Weekly: 100MB for € 15/week (valid in whole EU+USA)
- Easy Travel Internet: 0.50€/MB (1KB billing) in whole EU+USA plus € 3.00 per month.

With 3 Like Home it's even better, if he plans to visit UK, Ireland, Austria, Denmark or Sweden.

Vodafone has also some interesting offers:
- Passport Mobile Internet: € 2.50 per day including 50MB (you pay only the days you use it). Valid in the EU+Switzerland+Ukraine
- Weekly Tariff: 20MB for € 10/week. Valid in ALL Europe (excl. Russia, incl. Turkey)

With TIM:
- TIMxSMARTPHONE Estero: € 2.00 per day including 10MB (you pay only the days you use it). Valid in the EU+USA
- TIMxSMARTPHONE Estero: € 5.00 per day including 10MB (you pay only the days you use it). Valid in the rest of the World
- TIMxINTERNET Estero: € 5.00 per day including 50MB (you pay only the days you use it). Valid in the EU+USA

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#213)
wisniak (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 30-08-2011, 06:36

Hi,

I have a prepaid Vodafone card that I purchased last summer
I'm traveling again to Italy on October.

I've been trying to contact Vodafone to check whether the SIM is still active snd that it's on the appropriate plan (last year it was a mess).

I'd appreciate if someone could provide me the Vodafone support email address.

After a lot of research in their Web page I found what appears as the customer support page, emailed them a while ago but they do nit respond.

Thanks.

Old
  (#214)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 30-08-2011, 10:27

Vodafone sim-cards are valid for 11 months plus 1 more month for refilling. If yours is older it's dead now. Go and buy a new one, possibly not by Vodafone...
AFAIK there's no way to contact Italian operators by e-mail, phone only.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#215)
wisniak (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 30-08-2011, 20:36

Thank you.
This is a setback, as I hoped to avoid the SIM purchase hassle upon arrival.

Old
  (#216)
Lucy (Offline)
Official Member

Default 06-09-2011, 13:04

I found TIM to be excellent. Bought it last year for E5 at a Mondadori bookstore. (My companion got one for E10 at a TIM store)

Number lasts for 13 months since last use. This year we went to a TIM shop and got some more minutes for E5, including E1 for a special deal for a week. We were going to be there just a week. So we had 70 minutes at about 4c a minute.

Should we return next year, we will be within the 13 month limit and just have to pop in the sim. And we will have some of the minutes (not the ones of the one-week deal).

Last edited by Lucy; 06-09-2011 at 13:09..

Old
  (#217)
SrTrekker (Offline)

Default 25-09-2011, 17:04

I will be in Italy for 11 days - arriving 1 October. I am contemplating purchasing a SIM from Wind for my smartphone for voice and data. I am considering 'Italy only' voice calls, and browsing related to tourist sites.

What is the best plan for me? Does Wind's 3 October internet pricing change (2 Euro per day) affect my choice?

Thanks.

Old
  (#218)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 27-09-2011, 09:18

The 2€/day is the basic tariff. If you add a data bundle you will use the bundle and not the basic tariff.
Choose the voice tariff you prefer (it's up to you) and add the data bundle which suits you best.

Tags
3 ita, tim, vodafone it, wind it