PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
dimako (Offline)

Default Prepaid data sim in italy - 03-04-2012, 19:02

Hi,

We will traveling to Italy next week and we want to buy a sim card for internet browsing. We will land in Rome and drive to tuscany where we are going to stay for a week. I have saw multiple posts about various providers in Italy(TIM,Vodafone,Wind,Coop) but I got a little bit confused and hope someone would be able to help me get more details.

We wish to use the sim card for internet and if it is possible we would like to be able to tether the internet connection(using my android phone) so all of us can use it. We would also like to use skype to call home and I know that some of the providers blocking voip traffic.

Any help and advice would be great.

Old
  (#2)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 10-04-2012, 18:03

I think only Wind with the Mega Unlimited option offers all what you ask for. Maybe also COOP Voce, but I'm not sure about VoIP.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#3)
dakeeper (Offline)

Default Wind tethering - 27-06-2012, 06:22

I am in Italy now and Personal Hotrpot does not appear in my iphone settings on WIND prepaid with Mega Unlimited activated. tethering not possible. My wife's TIM SIM with equivalent bundle DOES have hotspot showing.

Old
  (#4)
hdelagrange (Offline)

Default 10-07-2012, 11:27

Is it possible that the terthering blocking is because of the iPhone? iPhones can be remote blocked for tethering by operators, other types usually not. Was the TIM card in an iPhone?

Old
  (#5)
buenso80 (Offline)

Default 20-07-2012, 14:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimako View Post
Hi,

We will traveling to Italy next week and we want to buy a sim card for internet browsing. We will land in Rome and drive to tuscany where we are going to stay for a week. I have saw multiple posts about various providers in Italy(TIM,Vodafone,Wind,Coop) but I got a little bit confused and hope someone would be able to help me get more details.

We wish to use the sim card for internet and if it is possible we would like to be able to tether the internet connection(using my android phone) so all of us can use it. We would also like to use skype to call home and I know that some of the providers blocking voip traffic.

Any help and advice would be great.
Hello Friends. I have just learned something new. The easiest way to get a italian sim with data plan are as following: Go to any electroninc store and buy a 10euro Wind card(remember your passport) then wait a couple of hours for it to work(in worst case up to 48 hours). When it's working: go to www.wind.it and create an account with your new tel.No. and your codice fiscale. Viola now you can choose between most of Winds offers

Sent from my gNex using Tapatalk2