Old
  (#11)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 14-04-2009, 08:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwi View Post
Sounds like utter nonsense.
of course it is. The only real reason is that they wanna earn the $ $ $ on their own network...

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#12)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 14-04-2009, 09:50

Interesting to know congstar still allows calls to the betamax access numbers though! I wonder for how much longer!

As for the 'blocked' betamax access numbers from other networks, a while ago I heard on the rumour-mill that were a range of 'unpublished' betamax access numbers for this very reason! Not sure if that is the case for Germany!

Old
  (#13)
saintsimon (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 18-04-2009, 03:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
eplus ... including all providers on their networks have blocked or strictly limited calls to Betamax' access numbers for a year now...
For Eplus this is NOT correct. I call the Berlin access numbers of Betamax almost daily without any problems from my Eplus line.

Old
  (#14)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 18-04-2009, 22:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsimon View Post
For Eplus this is NOT correct. I call the Berlin access numbers of Betamax almost daily without any problems from my Eplus line.
Yep, i can confirm that the access numbers e.g. from smsdiscount work fine from a BASE flatrate card on eplus network.

Chris

Old
  (#15)
ronwi (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 20-04-2009, 21:06

It appears that the Betamax numbers are now reachable from Eplus.

I am going to Berlin next week and was thinking of buying one of the Tchibo SIMs with USB internet: Tchibo - Internet Stick inkl. Prepaid SIM-Karte

I understand that Tchibo uses O2, and Tchibo has a flatrate to landlines of 12.95 EUR per month. However, it has been poste here the O2 cannot dial the Betamax number. However, it appears that things can change, given that Eplus can not dial Betamax.

Can anyone in Germany who has O2 (or Tchibo) try dialing the Betamax access number at 03031190303 and see if it now works? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
Yep, i can confirm that the access numbers e.g. from smsdiscount work fine from a BASE flatrate card on eplus network.

Chris

Old
  (#16)
saintsimon (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 21-04-2009, 00:37

Quote:
It appears that the Betamax numbers are now reachable from Eplus.

I am going to Berlin next week and was thinking of buying one of the Tchibo SIMs with USB internet: Tchibo - Internet Stick inkl. Prepaid SIM-Karte

I understand that Tchibo uses O2, and Tchibo has a flatrate to landlines of 12.95 EUR per month. However, it has been poste here the O2 cannot dial the Betamax number. However, it appears that things can change, given that Eplus can not dial Betamax.

Can anyone in Germany who has O2 (or Tchibo) try dialing the Betamax access number at 03031190303 and see if it now works? Thanks.
Eplus access to Betamax numbers (in Berlin at least) was never blocked in the first place. Inquisitor did make assumptions.

To state facts: I just tried Tchibo and that number IS blocked.

Old
  (#17)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 21-04-2009, 09:07

Quote:

the number is even blocked on our o2 company contract SIM cards (where we pay per minute to landlines...).

Chris

Old
  (#18)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 21-04-2009, 11:22

There's a list of access numbers and there accessibility through German MNOs at o2_nummernsperre - Google Docs. It wasn't updated since December, but aparently I was wrong when I stated eplus would block Betamax access numbers.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#19)
ronwi (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 22-04-2009, 06:55

Perhaps it's the American lawyer in me, but....
from everything I have read, Germany has some very pro-consumer rules re mobiles (e.g., right to refund of prepaid balance.) Given that the chart that Inquisitor has linked shows that O2 blocks many discount dialing numbers, perhaps someone in Germany should file a complaint with the governmental entity that regulates cell phones regarding the O2 practices?

Old
  (#20)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 22-04-2009, 08:52

Those consumer protection organizations are sueing providers permanently, but the blocking to those access numbers seems to be legal, as there are corresponding clauses in the terms & conditions of O2 limiting usage to direct calling, which justifies those blockages.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com