PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#111)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-07-2006, 11:20

For anyone interested, Yackie now has local numbers for several countries and several US cities too. I placed an order yesterday.

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#112)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-07-2006, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman
For anyone interested, Yackie now has local numbers for several countries and several US cities too. I placed an order yesterday.
That's right. I've just checked Poland - I had no idea that the capital of my country is Tpnkeg== (OK, I know just a stupid mistake

Old
  (#113)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-07-2006, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman
Oh cool,
also without surcharge.
What a pity that i ordered my card already some time ago. Now i could get a Frankfurt number. That would be much cheaper to call from cellphones in germany than the US-number i got now.
Lets see if they might swap numbers

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#114)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-07-2006, 15:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq
Oh cool,
also without surcharge.
What a pity that i ordered my card already some time ago. Now i could get a Frankfurt number. That would be much cheaper to call from cellphones in germany than the US-number i got now.
Lets see if they might swap numbers
AFAIR Cizake once said that it would be be possible to have more that one number assigned to a single SIM....

Old
  (#115)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 05-07-2006, 19:32

It seems that the UK has the most choice of numbers, maybe every area code, and from different providers.

They offer a UK mobile number as an option, but those on offer are not actually mobile numbers but personal ones that cost rather more to call eg 50p or actually barred from some mobile networks. So I hope that nobody goes for these, as they could get a nasty shock on call diversion, or complaints from friends and family

Old
  (#116)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-07-2006, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
They offer a UK mobile number as an option, but those on offer are not actually mobile numbers but personal ones that cost rather more to call eg 50p or actually barred from some mobile networks. So I hope that nobody goes for these, as they could get a nasty shock on call diversion, or complaints from friends and family
Hmmm, but if they gave free incoming calls worldwide coupled with the personal number, it wouldn't be so bad.....

Old
  (#117)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 05-07-2006, 21:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
Hmmm, but if they gave free incoming calls worldwide coupled with the personal number, it wouldn't be so bad.....
If that were the case (no one paying anything), how would they stay in business?

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#118)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 05-07-2006, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely
If that were the case (no one paying anything), how would they stay in business?
Read this carefully:
"personal ones that cost rather more to call eg 50p"
If I understand the above correctly, it's very expensive to call such a number. In such a case, some part of those 50p could be used to cover 24 cents of Yackie incoming rate. You ask who pays then - CPPays

Old
  (#119)
bones_boy (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 06-07-2006, 00:47

Regarding the question about two numbers on one SIM, I sent this email and received this reply:

-------------------------------------------------------

Are you guys shipping SIMs yet?

Also, can I have a SIMCARD with TWO PHONE NUMBERS assigned to it? If so, what is the charge for ordering?

Thank you

Dave (bones boy)

Good Afternoon,

The feature that you are interested in is not yet available but is under development. If you need any further assistance, please don?t hesitate to contact us.

YackieSupport

As you can see they did not respond to my question of when in the world will these SIMs be received... :whistle:

Old
  (#120)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 06-07-2006, 02:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
Read this carefully:
"personal ones that cost rather more to call eg 50p"
If I understand the above correctly, it's very expensive to call such a number. In such a case, some part of those 50p could be used to cover 24 cents of Yackie incoming rate. You ask who pays then - CPPays
No, the tariff from landlines may be from 10p to 30p, but from mobile networks about 50p. I actually have one of these 07031 numbers [unless it expired when I wasn't looking], left over from when I thought it might be a cheap way to forward calls, based on a tariff mistake someone told me about, but in fact Orange barred the number.

They can be forwarded to international mobiles for example, so will be useful to some, but still some are more expensive than the actual destination.

So, if the Israel number of the SIM was able to be called, and thus avoided the Yackie forwarding charge, then you could have a point, but that seems unlikely at the moment, so gains no advantage over a UK mobile diversion to the landline number, from inclusive minutes.