PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
prion (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 15-11-2006, 07:09

I signed up with voicestick and get many times server anavailable from the softphone. Is this somethink usual or not; Any experiences;

What about the biblling probles; Are they solved;

Old
  (#12)
Bruce_Nicklin (Offline)
Official Member

Default 18-11-2006, 14:50

Hi group!

One of you guys nailed exactly what the problem is. If you are calling a cell phone and you hang up JUST BEFORE the voicemail would answer you get a 6 minute bill.

What we see is this. If you hang up AFTER the voicemail answers, then we terminate the call without any problems, BUT in that very few second period where you think you have hung up, there is a split second where the VM now answers, and holds the call open for 5 min. (billed out at 6 minutes with rounding)

We do not have a fix. Best workaround is to let voice mail answer and then hangup. Worst case is you get a 1 min billing and in many cases that won't happen as we do not start to bill until 31 seconds has gone by in the call placement process.

Also, we work on the honor system over here as we know 99% of our customer are honest folk. If you email customercare@i2telecom.com and say you need a $1 or $2 credit for several calls that got hit, we will gladly post a credit. No need to call or write a long story.

Bruce Nicklin VP Marketing i2telecom (Voicestick.com)