PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
Dm_ (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 09-10-2012, 14:42

just wanted to advise to anyone who is thinking about which way to go ...

DO NOT repeat my mistake!

Instead of trying to get some locked modem, unlocking it, and using with another sim card ...

why not to add an extra 20-25 and to get a proper modem (fully unlocked) with a much better reception and to use it with any provider you like?

For example, this one
Solwise LP1917E 3G USB Modem w/ External Antenna (Unlocked) NET-3G-LP1917E

Unlocking might work, or might not. It highly depends on the model, manufacturer, etc, etc, etc

inquisitor,
do not take it personally, ok?

[ update : instead of playing with ZTE i found some Hauwei modem (thanks to my colleague who gave me some tchibo modem and trying to use your link above. The model is not mentioned in the description (E173), however unlocked code is generated by the online script. Will try it tonight. Thanks. ]

[ if it would not work then - *** it, i'll get a proper unlocked modem ]

Old
  (#22)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 09-10-2012, 18:29

I would not buy such a no-name product but only Huawei devices. Also the bigger antenna of the proposed device is not necessarily helpful as the signal is being vertically concentrated with increasing antenna length and so will underperform in most scenarios, where you have multipath propagation and reflections. Lastly this device seems to have only a single antenna and so does not antenna diversity which is most important for HSPA performance.

Unlocking the E173 should work flawlessly with the code created from the site linked in the first post.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#23)
Vigo2k1 (Offline)

Default 08-11-2012, 00:30

Hello. Is there a way to unlock a Huawei E5331 for free?
Regards