PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#31)
hugh88 (Offline)

Default 18-05-2007, 13:12

For interest I have just ordered a Ya Xing E50 from ipmart, it's been dispatched so should be here in a few days, will let you know what I think of it!

Old
  (#32)
hawkdeira (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 18-05-2007, 20:57

Yes we will be very interested to learn how you get on with your dual-sim phone. Please do post again and share your experiences with us. I too have been tempted by one of these but was a bit reluctant to order from the Far East!

Old
  (#33)
AdmiralAK (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-05-2007, 21:27

Hmmm...dual SIM phones... if you also get two of those 12-in-1 SIMs...that means 24 prepaid accounts on one phone *evil laughter* buahahahahaha!!!

Club Admiralty - website with stuff about me
Current Prepaid: None
Older Prepaid: AT&T wireless; TracFone; Telestet; Vodafone GR; Fido; SFR; T-mobile US; Tuyo, Cosmote
Postpaid: at&t

Old
  (#34)
schuster (Offline)
Official Member

Default 13-07-2007, 02:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
Yep. Exactly.

I think GT builds up a interesting combination of products though.
SIM-card
own OEM branded phones
callback

lets see what comes next.

EDIT: I just read this on the GT-Phone website: "To initialize a call, there is a charge of sending a local SMS" - so 09 wouldnt work as they dont support SMS yet. ..

Chris
As far as customer service I think they need to be approached with caution.

In the early spring, with an international trip coming up, I gave into temptation and ordered their quad band 2 sim phone. Weeks went by and my credit card was not charged, so I send them an email, then another, then another, then ....

I received a reply indicating that they had sold out of the first sihpment; the next was "expected" in a few weeks, and I could wait or cancel. I asked them to cancel .... never heard a confirmation but they have not charged me.

A couple of months later, out of curiosity, I emailed again asking if the new shipment was in and whether they were shipping again. No response.

Finally this month I asked if the phone was out there, and could they direct me to any web site reviews if they were aware. No response.

Caveat.

Old
  (#35)
schuster (Offline)
Official Member

Default 2SIMPHONE lives... - 28-09-2007, 22:51

Followup to my last post. About 7 months after emailing GT to cancel my unfilled order, I received email from them apologizing for delays due to product availability. They claim the phone is now in stock, and upon receiving an affirmative reply they will express ship it, with a bonus GT-SIM having $25 credit as partial compensation. The phone still looks intriguing (they have posted a schematic of the menu tree on the 2simphone site) but the price hasn't come down and I still don't know if I can trust these guys - especially at such a distance.

Old
  (#36)
GSM_student (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 29-09-2007, 16:32

I didn't find teh others model showed here it in the ebay. This kind of phone only exist from GT???

Old
  (#37)
flodis79 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 19-10-2007, 10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh88 View Post
For interest I have just ordered a Ya Xing E50 from ipmart, it's been dispatched so should be here in a few days, will let you know what I think of it!
Would be interesting with an update on this!

Old
  (#38)
schuster (Offline)
Official Member

Default Dual-SIM Quad Band phones now much cheaper! - 29-07-2008, 00:19

Just received this US$100 phone from China (ZOHO V90+). It resembles the more expensive CECT phones but actually has more features. Dual-SIM, both active at the same time (including Bluetooth), quad-band GSM. Have a look at the reviews as they are quite positive.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13014
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13541

I've been buying flashlights and small electronics from DealExtreme for over a year, and they've been quite reliable.

Old
  (#39)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-07-2008, 15:46

schuster, have you tried this phone allready, if so what is your first impression. The reviews on the site seem ok and the price is also good.

Old
  (#40)
schuster (Offline)
Official Member

Default 29-07-2008, 18:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
schuster, have you tried this phone allready, if so what is your first impression. The reviews on the site seem ok and the price is also good.
I have only had time to do the basics so far. I am charging both batteries and doing rundown tests as there are reports of defective batteries being shipped. Dual SIM function works fine; I have cards from 2 different carriers inside and they both register and receive calls separately. It also seems to work OK with my TravelSIM using callback function; even the STK menus work without a hitch. Placing calls using the second SIM is a little tricky as you have to use the left soft-key as a surrogate "SEND" button. RF is very good; full scale in my basement where even some Nokias have trouble. Ringer and speakerphone LOUD; earpiece volume is acceptable but could be a touch louder. Fit and finish are fine, especially for a cheap Chinese phone. User interface is a copy of Nokia menu functionality; good because the manual is useless. Spent some time turning off all the "cutesy" things like playing songs on poer-up and down; etc. Uploaded ringtones using USB cable without a hitch; the phone asks you what type of device you want it to emulate and then does it; will also charge from computer. So far it seems well worth the $100. By the way, there is a similar model with FM on some websites - YEPO K630i - but it's more expensive and there is at least some doubt that certain shipments are actually quad band. It seems to use the same battery and I wonder if YEPO and ZOHO are manufactured by the same company.