PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
patik (Offline)
Amateur Member

Question Help understanding Blau voice/sms options - 25-08-2014, 21:05

I have a Blau SIM and I plan to use it almost entirely for internet data. I will get the 3GB or 5GB data package. But I'd also like to have just a little bit of voice and SMS in case I want to contact someone within Germany — 30-60 minutes and 50 texts would be plenty. I will be there for 22 days.

If I get a package such as this one with 200 minutes, 200 SMS, and 200MB data, can I also get a 3GB data package for a total of 3.2GB data?

If I do not get a voice/SMS package, can I still use voice/SMS? How much will they cost to German landlines and mobiles? I cannot find this on blau.de.

Old
  (#2)
wolfbln (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 26-08-2014, 13:44

Hi. Welcome to the German tariff jungle.

Blau has different tariff lines:
In the "Basic" (also called 9c) line, you can add data-only packages of e.g. 3 or 5 GB.
In the "Smart" line, you have the included voice, text and data.

Both lines can't be mixed. So you can NOT book a data-only pack on a combined smart pack at the same time.

If you are on a smart pack and run out of (high speed) data (>200 MB), you can always add another 200 MB for 3 EUR to avoid being throttled.
You can add data as well on the data-only packages ahead of time on the basic line.

Take care: There have been reports, that you dont get get an SMS before speed will be throttled - but you will notice that anyway.

If you buy the basic line without included voice or text, you will still get these on the default rate 9c per minute for domestic voice (landlines and mobiles) and text. This is also the rate for overuse (in voice and text) on the smart pack.

Old
  (#3)
lover08 (Offline)
Official Member

Default 26-08-2014, 17:22

You can't combine packages with Internet but you can just have regular money
For calls.

Example you can Topup 20€ and activate package 3GB 14.90€ And than you will have e 5.10€ for regular calls by 0.09€ minute
If you will need more you can Topup in million places in Germany in supermarkets, müler etc.

Also these packages are unlimited with options to reset speed
Example you can purchase 3GB bundle but in case you reach 3GB your speed will be limited and no more charge but if you will want to reset speed you can send a SMS JA to number 66402 and it will cost 9€ and you will have quick speed again till the end of your cycle

Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 26-08-2014, 18:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by patik View Post
If I do not get a voice/SMS package, can I still use voice/SMS? How much will they cost to German landlines and mobiles? I cannot find this on blau.de.
If you subscribe to a data-only pack (as opposed to a voice/sms/data pack), calls will be charged according to the "9 Cent Tarif":
http://www.blau.de/tarif/9cent

Calls to all German and American networks would be billed at € 0.09/min.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Last edited by inquisitor; 26-08-2014 at 18:23..

Old
  (#5)
patik (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 07-09-2014, 18:17

Thanks everyone! I'm glad I asked because I would not have expected the Basic and Smart options to be mutually exclusive. Nine cents per minute sounds fine since I doubt I will use more than 10 minutes or so, but I'll definitely use a lot of data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbln View Post
Welcome to the German tariff jungle.
Indeed. But I'm happy to pay these data rates compared to AT&T's price of $120 for 800MB.

Old
  (#6)
patik (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-09-2014, 16:28

I'm having trouble adding a package. I added some credit a couple weeks ago, then a bit more on Saturday. It will allow me to add options (eg data packages) that are less than €15, but it says I don't have sufficient credit for anything more expensive. At the top of the page it says my credit is €45 which is correct, and obviously plenty to pay for a €19.80 package.

I know blau takes a while to update your balance, but it's been two days. Any tips?
Attached Images

Old
  (#7)
patik (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-09-2014, 16:30

Here's the next screen.
Attached Images

Old
  (#8)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-09-2014, 16:30

Check your credit by dialing *100# which will display your realtime balance. This is free of charge even from abroad.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#9)
patik (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-09-2014, 16:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
Check your credit by dialing *100# which will display your realtime balance. This is free of charge even from abroad.
Just did that — €44 and change. (I did a little web browsing just as a test, otherwise it would be €45.00)

The mobile web site shows the same €44 figure, but the desktop web site still shows €15.

BTW I'm still in the US. I wanted to add the data before I leave so it'll work as soon as I arrive.

Old
  (#10)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-09-2014, 16:37

Your screenshots are not available for some reason. I remember that there was a very strict file size limitation on this forum.

Regarding your issue with ordering the "Internet-Flat 5 GB", did you subscribe to any other tariff option recently? You should be aware that most of these bundles have a 30 days term during which you cannot switch to another bundle. However there should be a separate option to double your data allowance for the remaining billing period if you are indeed on a certain tariff option.

Tags
blau, german sim, germany