PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
ranerio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 25-09-2011, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingelli View Post
Hi, I have checked the TIM Brazile website and found for mobile internet in addition to the option of R$0.50 a day for 10MB data, a pre plan named TIM web Pre that offer several option from day to month 1GB of data. Do you knwo if this plan ia activable on a pre paid sim to be used in a Iphone? or ina Ipad for data only?
Hi mingelli,

The "web pre" refers to data only plans. These plans are available for modems for data access and do not include voice minutes. TIM has not been advertising these plans since they launched the "Liberty Web" plans, which are monthly post paid plans for Tablets, and modems. "Liberty Web" are unlimited in data transfer, however there is a speed cap when you reach the monthly quota. The liberty web plan for smartphone is named "Web Smart" costs $29.90 a month and the quota is 300 Mb and after cap speed is 50 kpbs .

Do you need only data in your iphone or voice + data ? Even if you need data only the voice+data prepay is a better deal. On the "tim web pre" offer the daily rate is $5.00 for 250 mb data, on the "infinity pre" the daily package is $0.50 and the cap is 10 mb and it still works after the limit, there is the speed cap only. I don't see as cost wise to use the "tim web pre" packages anymore. But only you, given your usage, can tell which one is worth.

The "tim web pre" offer has the following top ups:
Day - R$5.00 - 250 mb data
Week - R$35.00 - 500 mb data
Month - R$100.00 - 1 Gb data

They are data only and they have to be subscribed by sending a SMS from the chip to 4141 stating TWDIA, TWSEMANA , or TWMES, after that you will be sent a confirmation message and you need to reply with OK . Then wait for the SMS from the company stating the plan has been activated.

The "tim web pre" plans are not capped, they keep working at full speed after the plan has expired, however the rate is $1.05 per Mbyte of data transfer.

Last edited by ranerio; 25-09-2011 at 11:44..

Old
  (#22)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Data Plan - 26-09-2011, 11:33

HI

I need on my iphone voice + data so will go for a pre paid sim with infinity pre for data already active at R$0.50 per day at 10MB a day.
On my Ipad i can then go with another data only sim pre paid as well with 1Gb a month web pre plan for R$100 a month.Needs to e activated by sms.
Am I correct? is it possible to start thse plan once sims are bought in a Tim shop? I will be in Rio.

Old
  (#23)
mingelli (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Data Plan - 26-09-2011, 11:38

HI

one more question, what is likely connection speed with TIM in Rio? Is it 7.2Mbps like in Europe or slower? And if slower is there any other company offering pre paid sims with faster connection?
Thanks

Old
  (#24)
ranerio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 26-09-2011, 17:39

Quote:
HI

I need on my iphone voice + data so will go for a pre paid sim with infinity pre for data already active at R$0.50 per day at 10MB a day.
On my Ipad i can then go with another data only sim pre paid as well with 1Gb a month web pre plan for R$100 a month.Needs to e activated by sms.
Am I correct? is it possible to start thse plan once sims are bought in a Tim shop? I will be in Rio.
Mingelli,

To acquire the voice+data prepaid plan you just buy a prepaid SIM anywhere (newsstands, bakery, bars, wherever you see a blue and yellow TIM chip logo. Don't forget to make a call as soon as you buy and then ask for the seller's CPF, it is required by law, so you can make and receive calls, and use the data plan. Then you top up with some credit (can be bought electronically using VISA, MASTERCARD or in cash at the same store you buy the prepaid SIM).

Ok, that was the easy part.
To buy the prepaid data only SIM you need to walk into a TIM store, mostly like a store owned by TIM itself, not a third-party, because apparently TIM is phasing out the prepaid data plans since they offered the R$0.50 a day offer with voice.

You will need to acquire the prepaid data SIM card at the store and then activate it and top up with credits, you can buy the credits at the same store.

You are correct, the plan for 1 month needs to be activated by sending TWMES to the number 4141 and then reply to the confirmation message with TWMES OK

I strongly advise you to buy the SIM cards, top up and activate the plans all at once, inside the TIM store, if something gets messy they can help you at the time.

Another tip, print the pages at TIM website that describe the WEB PRE offer, so the salesman will know what you talking about.

Old
  (#25)
ranerio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 26-09-2011, 17:55

Quote:
HI

one more question, what is likely connection speed with TIM in Rio? Is it 7.2Mbps like in Europe or slower? And if slower is there any other company offering pre paid sims with faster connection?
Thanks
You can check coverage info given by users at Mapa com Sinal 3G no Brasil

It's hardly 1 Mbps the connection, with any operator.

Claro also offer prepaid data only SIMs . The offer is at Claro Data offers

The plan is R$34.90 for 7 days, data limit is 700 Mbytes and speed is 500 kbps. They give no information on how to activate the plan on their website, probably it has to be done at the store when you buy the SIM card.

Vivo also offers daily, weekly and monthly plans for data. They are described here Vivo prepaid data only offers

The price is as follows:
1 day - 150 Mbyte data transfer - R$12.00
7 days - 250 Mbyte data transfer - R$35.00
30 days - 1 Gbyte data transfer - R$130.00
max speed is 1 Mbps

As for actual speeds, it is usually said VIVO is speedier, and TIM is slower and Claro is a in-between. My personal experience is
  • Vivo has been slower than dial up both in Brasilia and Salvador
  • TIM is blazing speed even in the "Infinity pre" in Brasilia
  • Claro is good speed in the mobile phone but never had in a PC.

The usual disclaimer applies, your mileage may vary.

Old
  (#26)
ranerio (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 18-11-2011, 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmkt View Post
Thank you for sharing!
Thank you for sharing!
Are you looking for some information in special? The companies change the plans all the time and depending on your needs I can look the best ones for you currently available.

Old
  (#27)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 19-11-2011, 01:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranerio View Post
Are you looking for some information in special? The companies change the plans all the time and depending on your needs I can look the best ones for you currently available.
No, it was spam, now deleted

(I'll remove this later)