PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-08-2006, 21:39

Not sure if this should be posted in a new thread or one of the other ones. Moderators, you can move it if you need to.

I just got the following email from Yackie Management. It's a good thing I started to work on a backup plan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear YackieMobile Customer;

We at Yackie Telecom Inc. would like to take this opportunity to thank you for patronizing our services. Due to some technical issues with our first shipment of SIM cards; management of the company has decided to refund you in full for your SIM. We are in the process of working on the technical issue to get it resolved so our SIM card can be fully functional with all the features that we provide. We have been working on these technical issues since July and this issue will be fixed soon.

You will be able to use your SIM card and airtime which you have left on your SIM. In a few days you will be able to recharge your SIM card online. As a gift to you, we are going to ship you another SIM card, which will be active and fully functional in the near future. This new card will have an assigned new number for your use.

We would like to apologize to you in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you. We hope that we will be able to continue having you as a YackieMobile Customer and that you will continue doing business with us.

Best regards,

YackieMobile Management

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#2)
money69 (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 23-08-2006, 22:48

Well at least u got some kind of response, i am still waiting on the request for my refund.

Old
  (#3)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 23-08-2006, 23:21

I would have to think they would send this to everyone...at least those of us that have the USA DID #s. It seems like those DID #s will not be fully functional and that's why they have to send another sim. AFAIK, we will not/ no longer be able to receive incoming calls on those numbers. At least not anytime soon.

Old
  (#4)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 23-08-2006, 23:23

Yackie Mobile Inc joined as a member of this forum on 16th August, but has kept quiet on here, though I noticed it online a couple of times.

Old
  (#5)
achu (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-08-2006, 00:07

I have a USA DID number and also got the exact same email. My # has not been working ever since other members reported the "fast busy" issue last week.

I just tried to call the old DID # and now getting an answer machine message talking about "Thank you for contacting 'so and so' company, our business hour is ..." I guess the DID # has already been re-assign for other use.

I'll report back if and when I receive the refund mentioned in the email.

Old
  (#6)
Jibku (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 24-08-2006, 08:50

I also received the email, though my French DID is still working. Maybe they will refund everyone - or at least all those who ordered via PPGSM?

Just checked my bank account : no refund yet...

Old
  (#7)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-08-2006, 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibku
I also received the email, though my French DID is still working. Maybe they will refund everyone - or at least all those who ordered via PPGSM?

Just checked my bank account : no refund yet...
I believe they will be refunding everyone. Not sure how many people have this sim, but I do not think it's a whole lot. Most of the orders are probably via prepaidgsm. As per the email, the first batch of sims are just not functioning properly. You may be able to receive incoming calls, but all the other problems (can't topup, incorrect billing, etc.) are still there.

Old
  (#8)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 24-08-2006, 12:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman
I believe they will be refunding everyone. Not sure how many people have this sim, but I do not think it's a whole lot. Most of the orders are probably via prepaidgsm. As per the email, the first batch of sims are just not functioning properly. You may be able to receive incoming calls, but all the other problems (can't topup, incorrect billing, etc.) are still there.
Yeah they dont seem to have too many customers yet. I have number 28 - how about you?

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#9)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 24-08-2006, 14:05

I am #42. Not sure about the significance of these numbers though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq
Yeah they dont seem to have too many customers yet. I have number 28 - how about you?