PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
TheoD914 (Offline)

Default iPhone 4s WIND - 18-08-2012, 03:12

So I arrived to rome august 16th around 11 AM I went to the WIND store and got the simcard paid 20 euro for the simcard and the plan they took my passport made a copy and everything i just unlocked my iphone and put the sim card in it shows 3G and one bar is there however the WIND isnt next to the one bar what could be the problem here?

Old
  (#2)
TheoD914 (Offline)

Default TIM Roma - 18-08-2012, 11:57

Hello im from new york came a few days ago for a semester abroad i just got a tim micro sim card for my iphone 4s which is unlocked and it has one bar it says 3G but there's no TIM symbol next to the 3G it didn't even ask me for a PIN number or anything is there something that I forgot to do? thanks

Old
  (#3)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 20-08-2012, 11:25

Are you using TIM or Wind? Can you make/receive calls? That would be a good start...
With Wind try to dial *123#, do you get some message?

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#4)
PhotoJim (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 20-08-2012, 17:14

Is your iPhone unlocked? If not, it will only work with the carrier that sold it to you.

CA: SaskTel, Wind postpaid; Rogers, Bell postpaid iPad flex plans; US: T-Mobile postpaid data, prepaid voice; PureTalk (AT&T MVNO) prepaid voice/data; AT&T prepaid iPad plan

Hardware: Too much but notably iPhone 5, iPad Mini Retina LTE, Moto G LTE (N.A. version), iPhone 4. All unlocked.