PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 09-05-2006, 23:08

To Triband81: Eurotel is just in process of renaming. The new name is going to be O2. So, I think you can expect changes with O2 Germany as well.

Old
  (#12)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 10-05-2006, 08:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by meir
To Triband81: Eurotel is just in process of renaming. The new name is going to be O2. So, I think you can expect changes with O2 Germany as well.
And so it will be the third Czech operator (of 3) to change its brand! You Czechs like to change names quite a lot! I don't understand why Telefonica is keeping both O2 and Movistar brands in Europe, probably the latter is just for "Latin" countries and the first for the other ones.

Anyway let's hope to see lower tariffs by Eurotel/O2 and the other O2s in Europe (I like that brand!).

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#13)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 10-05-2006, 08:57

Well you are right. Just one small correction, the renaming is usually done by foreign company. BTW I heard that also O2 in UK should slash roaming rates. :whistle:

Old
  (#14)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 10-05-2006, 14:53

Oh yes, now you don't have "real Czech" mobile operators anymore... I liked more Eurotel, Paegas and, most of all, Oskar... good old times!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#15)
meir (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 11-05-2006, 15:52

HOT
16:37 - Mobiln? firmy O2 a Telef?nica M?viles, kter? patř? stejně jako Eurotel do skupiny Telef?nica, začnou koncem leto?n?ho roku ru?it poplatek pro přij?m?n? hovorů v zahranič?. Poplatky za př?choz? hovory v posledn? době kritizovala Evropsk? komise.

Mobile operators O2 a Telef?nica M?viles, which are like Eurotel, part of the same Telef?nica group , will start by end of this year cancelling charges for incoming roaming calls. Charges for incoming roaming charges were lately criticised by European Commission.

Old
  (#16)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 11-05-2006, 21:21

Great news Meir! So only Italian operators said they already lowered their tariffs a lot and they won't lower more! Wow, how lucky we are!

Old
  (#17)
Triband81 (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 12-05-2006, 20:12

Now we just have to wait for KPN/E-Plus to follow suit