PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
HazelGirl (Offline)
Official Member

Default 16-06-2006, 00:24

I put it in..its not preactivated, but i'll take care of that when i get ot italy. i did go ahead and get all the TIM numbers off the sim and onto my phone......and I added my important numbers to the phone and made sure both phone and sim have the numbers. I am new to the whole gsm thing, but its pretty neat. thanks again. i dunno which part of the airport I will be in when I stop in Roma. hopefully i will be near the TIM area. i will have a little less than two hours of layover time which is enough to find the place, get lost and then get back to my plane to Catania....lol

in the US: AT&T
in Italy: TIM
in France: Orange

Old
  (#12)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 21-06-2006, 08:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
If you already have a TIM card go to the shop and ask them: "dovrei attivare questa scheda prepagata TIM, potete aiutarmi?" ("I shoud activate this prepaid TIM card, can you help me?") and if you make a big smile they should help you!
Or you can use this document via fax (free toll number: 800.600119

http://www.tim.it/showfile/8129.pdf

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#13)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 21-06-2006, 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreA
Or you can use this document via fax (free toll number: 800.600119

http://www.tim.it/showfile/8129.pdf
Yes but I suppose she doesn't have a portable fax and a landline to use it here, and public-faxes are a rip-off, you should know it well It's easier to go to a TIM shop, I suppose... hoping they will speak some English!

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#14)
AndreA (Offline)
Administrator
Prepaid Genius

Default 21-06-2006, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
It's easier to go to a TIM shop, I suppose...
Sure, but the Tim Shop probably uses that PDF too

ANTPEAΣ AΠO THN ΦΛΩPENTIA
My Phones:
iPhone 2G, E65, N70, P910 DVB-H, A835, 6630, 7600, 6210, S55, T39
"Working" PrePaids: IT: Wind, H3G, Vodafone, Tim, CoopVoce, Poste Mobile, Telepass Mobile,
Uno Mobile - CH: OrangeClick - RSM: Prima Easy - UK: O2, H3G - INT: United Mobile, TravelSim, ICQ SIM
"Deceased" PrePaids: IT: Blu - AT: H3G - FR: Itineris - ES: Yoigo - GR: Cosmote, Frog - HR: Tele2 - UK: Virgin, Orange TO: UCall - NZ: Vodafone - IN: Hutch - CAN: Fido - USA: T-Mobile - INT: Travelfone, CallKey, Globalsim, HopMobile, GT, 09, Mobal, Yackiemobile

ITALIAN TLC BLOG

Old
  (#15)
HazelGirl (Offline)
Official Member

Default 26-06-2006, 08:42

Thanks. I leave for Italy Tuesday night. I could fax that doc before I leave....thanks a bunch. Oh, how will I know that it is registered and how long do you think it will take them to do it once they get it? If I fax it shoudl I stop by a TIM store anyway when I get to Italy just to make sure its registered?

Old
  (#16)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-06-2006, 09:47

When it's registered it works, so you surely know that it's registered!
I keep on thinking that the shop is easier, but if you want you can try to send the fax as well, but you have to be in Italy in order to fax the 800.600119.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.

Old
  (#17)
HazelGirl (Offline)
Official Member

Default 26-06-2006, 12:13

oooh okay! iw asnt paying attneiton....i thought that it was a toll free number i could fax to from the us....lol. in that case, i'll just wait and do it when I get there. do you think that filling out that form ahead of time and including that with all my other stuff would aid in registration when I arrive at the store?

Old
  (#18)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 26-06-2006, 13:32

Yes, it can aid for sure, if you understand Italian and can compile it, it's surely a good thing!

Old
  (#19)
HazelGirl (Offline)
Official Member

Default 27-06-2006, 07:13

Okay you guys, I just finished packing and am now dealing with all my paperwork. I am filling out the form for TIM but have a couple questions.

I presume that wherever I see the term "il sottoscritto" I simply print my first and last name. ALso, at the end of the form, I am to put my SIGNATURE because it says "firma del richiedente".

I also presume that I am to check SI' where it mentions the terms of service.

Something I am not clear on though is the top portion. Where it says "nato a", since I was born in Germania, do I put the city AND the country there OR do I just put the country?

Also, it says "Residente in"---do I put the region in which I am staying? I will be staying in Sicilia with a Sicilian family. DO i NEED TO CLARIFY WHICH CITY? I'll be in Siracusa. If so, do I put that where it says "residente in" OR do I put that after the street name where it says "via/piazza".

Aso what does "n." mean? After that there is also "c.a.p."----what does this mean?

Also what does "Recapito telefonico" mean?

Thanks for your help!!!! I leave late this evening.

Edit: I found out what "c.a.p." means but I don't know what my code will be. I will be staying on Via Vittorio Veneto in Siracusa, Sicilia......I know that much, but I will not mee my host family untill I arrive so I have no idea what the c.a.p. is there

Old
  (#20)
sec (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 27-06-2006, 09:09

Your assumptions are all right.

Place of Birth: "Germania" is sufficient.

Residente in: this is where you live most of the year. Therefore, my suggestion is to write "Stati Uniti" and then, just next to it, making it fit in the tight space "Domiciliata in Siracua, Via V. Veneto n. [street number]". This is because, as indicated in the few lines under which you are about to sign, you are "criminally liable for false statements" and it would be wrong to state that you are resident in Italy, since you live in the US.

"n." is the street number (stands for "numero")

"cap" for siracusa is 96100 (http://www.poste.it/online/cercacap/elenco_locvie.php lists all italian postal codes)

"recapito telefonico" is a phone number (you can put the one of the people hosting you).

Ciao!

My Phones: Nokia 6230 - Nec N343i - Nokia 6230i
My Sims: Wind IT prepaid (+ Voda IT postpaid corporate phone)
Prepaid Sims: WORLWIDE: Riiing, UM+ - IT: Voda, Wind
Deceased Sims: WORLWIDE: Hop - NZ: Vodafone - FR: Bouygues - IT: H3G - US: T-Mobile