PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
zatvornik (Offline)

Default Network problems with Easyroam - 17-06-2010, 10:28

I wonder if anybody has experienced the same problems as I have with my Easyroam/travelsim.co.uk SIM card (the new UK/US one).

I am using the phone mainly in France, calling mainly Belgian mobiles. These are the symptoms :
- sending an SMS : get back an error message and "SMS not sent".
- resend the same SMS, it gets through, but you get billed for 2 SMS-es
- call a number : do not get a callback; try to re-call and get a busy message (not systematically true, sometimes I am able to call, thank god).
- people with a Belgian phone in France do not manage to send me an SMS while I am in France too. They can call me though.

Any rational explanation for this ?

Old
  (#2)
hrgajek (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 17-06-2010, 13:34

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zatvornik View Post
I wonder if anybody has experienced the same problems as I have with my Easyroam/travelsim.co.uk SIM card (the new UK/US one).
Which mobile phone number do you have?

Country coude Network Code and only first two digits of your number

e.g. +44 7624 12xxxxx

Quote:
I am using the phone mainly in France, calling mainly Belgian mobiles.
Which french network do you use? Orange, SFR, Bouygues ?

Which network does the recipient in Belgium have?
Proxiums-Belgacom, Mobistar or Base.be

Quote:
These are the symptoms :
- sending an SMS : get back an error message and "SMS not sent".
- resend the same SMS, it gets through, but you get billed for 2 SMS-es
- call a number : do not get a callback; try to re-call and get a busy message (not systematically true, sometimes I am able to call, thank god).
- people with a Belgian phone in France do not manage to send me an SMS while I am in France too. They can call me though.

Any rational explanation for this ?
Rumours say, that french GSM-Operators are not "lucky" with international cross network Message Transport.

73 & 55 (Regards)
Henning Gajek
on air with:
Telekom (T-Mobile) DE - Vodafone DE - Telefonica-(o2) DE - FreeTimeTele.com (DE/UK) - Swisscom CH -

Old
  (#3)
zatvornik (Offline)

Default 17-06-2010, 14:52

Hello Hrgajek,

my number is +44 7924 54xxxx
The french network varies, but is usually Orange.
The Belgian operator is proximus.

But similar problems also occurred to a lesser degree when in Finland last January sending an SMS to a finnish GSM. I was still using my +44 7924 0xxxxx number at the time.

Also it is not only SMS, but voice callback does not always work either (request is sent, but no call comes back).

Old
  (#4)
hrgajek (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 17-06-2010, 15:06

Hello,

as you can see at http://www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ioi...istered/s7.xls

Your mobile Number +44 7924 5xxxxx is operated by "Cloud 9" which is a virtual network operator inside the real network of Manx Telecom as I understand the situation.

I'm not sure if all GSM-Networks have instructions how to route Textmessages (SMS) coming or going to this virtual operator.

For example German's virtual network "vistream" has similar problems. +49 157 is given to E-Plus, but vistream uses +49 1570 ... The contract between E-Plus and vistream says, that they have to deal their own interconnection regime for voice calls and Textmessages. vistream customers suffered with disappeared Textmessages. especially with public services which send confirmation SMS to you like railroad companies, Postal services etc. etc.

You could try to open a ticket with travelsim.co.uk maybe they can ask Cloud 9 to solve the solution... hopefully.

73 & 55 (Regards)
Henning Gajek
on air with:
Telekom (T-Mobile) DE - Vodafone DE - Telefonica-(o2) DE - FreeTimeTele.com (DE/UK) - Swisscom CH -

Old
  (#5)
RTuesday (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 17-06-2010, 22:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrgajek View Post
Your mobile Number +44 7924 5xxxxx is operated by "Cloud 9" which is a virtual network operator inside the real network of Manx Telecom as I understand the situation.
Cloud 9 was to be the third mobile operator in the Isle of Man, with their own infrastructure. I even have one of their sims (a real rarity!). They failed to get their network working and soon closed down the Isle of Man operation.

Nowadays they claim to operate various MVNO and billing solutions on behalf of others under the Wire 9 name.

Sims: Telcel MX, T-Mobile US, Virgin Mobile UK, Orange UK, Knowroaming
Voip: Localphone UK, Anveo US, Google Voice