PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#1)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default your own callback server / forward voip did to your mobile - 15-05-2007, 13:42

At the moment I have a UM mobile number and a +44-7624 number

I my office I have a server running 24/7
On the server I installed a isdn card that connect to my isdn switchbord.
Als I have fritzbox 7050 adsl modem which includes sip accounts.
For callback software i use lockruf from www.talkmaster.de

Using my dutch phone I call my server, let it ring once and get a callback on my mobile. In the netherlands I still get a low rate from www.profibel.nl which carges my only 8 cents (including v.a.t) to call to my UM number.

My computer calls me back and I have the dialtone as if I was calling from my office. From there I normally use voip to dial out.

This will give me very, very low rates, the lowest possible.
As I think that the rate for UM will increase I have found another solution. (still using the above solution till the rate increases)

I am allready using www.pbxes.com a virtual internet pbx switchboard. This is a free service and I use it to have incoming numbers in several countries. (For free DID numbers please google, there are serval available many countries)

Now pbxes has some very nice options.

For example I can have a free voip DID number and through pbxes I will forward this to my 7624 number.
So when someone calls this number it gets forwarded to my mobile number. you can even have 2,3 or 10 numbers and forward those to your mobile.
I am using www.voicetrading.com which gives me a rate of only 10 eurocents per minute to the 7624 number. (you need to be a business and have a valid eu vat number to use their service)

This means that you can get a free US, UK, German, or other Voip number and foward it to your 7624 mobile for only 10 cents.Using PBXes this way is free.

When you pay 10 euro per month to pbxes you can add callback to this service. This means you call a number that you setup to handle callback. PBXes will recognize the caller ID. You hang up and PBXes calls your 7624 number (10 cents) and you will get the pbxes dialtone and can dialout using any voip service you installed.

Also you can use pbxes as a regular pbx and have voip phones connected to them. Whenever someone calls your number your voip phone (or phones in several locations) will ring but also you mobile phone will ring.
Whoever picksup the phone will receive the call.
If you pickup the phone on you mobile you even have to option dial ## and dial another extension and conect the call to that extension.

So whenever you are at home you just pickup the line through a voipphone and when on the road pick it us using your mobile.

Last edited by bbob; 15-05-2007 at 14:42..