PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
papeti01 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default Offer me please - 05-10-2012, 13:44

Hello everybody,

Could you please offer me a prepaid to germany / frankfurt?!
I moved here to live and find a job, and i really need one. I want to use this to speak, sms, and i think the most important is the data... skype, email, etc.

Thank U!

ps: i always read and search in forums... but now i do not have time to search.

Old
  (#2)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-10-2012, 17:18

What could be of interest to you is lycamobile.de who give away SIM cards for free and offer a "International Flat" for € 19.90 per month which includes unlimited calls to all Hungarian networks (including mobile networks). SMS are billed separately with € 0.09 per message. Among several other tariff options they have a 750MB data pack for € 9 per month and a 2GB pack for € 19.90. Please note that after exeeding the data allowance you'll be billed with € 0.19/MB. Lycamobile is a prepaid service and uses the Vodafone network, which offers excellent coverage and data performance.

The other alternative would be Lidl who have different data packs and charge € 0.09/min for calls to Hungarian landlines and € 0.29/min to Hungarian cell networks, while SMS messages to Hungary cost € 0.19. For details on Lidl check out LIDL mobile - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access and the corresponding threads in this forum.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#3)
papeti01 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 05-10-2012, 18:15

thank you!
And is this lyca mobile a good solution to call German handys?

Am i understand right, that if i do not have a german bank account i can't buy a lidl smart tariff. i can buy only classic, and if i want to use mobile net i have to buy a "Smartphone-Internet-Flatrate Smartphone-für mobile Surfer"?! and the total cost 16,95 per month?

I checked Aldi Talk is that good or better than lidl?

p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
What could be of interest to you is lycamobile.de who give away SIM cards for free and offer a "International Flat" for € 19.90 per month which includes unlimited calls to all Hungarian networks (including mobile networks). SMS are billed separately with € 0.09 per message. Among several other tariff options they have a 750MB data pack for € 9 per month and a 2GB pack for € 19.90. Please note that after exeeding the data allowance you'll be billed with € 0.19/MB. Lycamobile is a prepaid service and uses the Vodafone network, which offers excellent coverage and data performance.

The other alternative would be Lidl who have different data packs and charge € 0.09/min for calls to Hungarian landlines and € 0.29/min to Hungarian cell networks, while SMS messages to Hungary cost € 0.19. For details on Lidl check out LIDL mobile - Prepaid Wireless Internet Access and the corresponding threads in this forum.

Last edited by papeti01; 05-10-2012 at 18:41..

Old
  (#4)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 05-10-2012, 19:37

That depends on your calling volume. Lidl and Lyca both charge € 0.09/min for domestic calls, which you can get cheaper from other prepaid providers such as http://www.galeria-mobil.de/ who offer domestic calls for € 0.05/min but charge € 0.10 per domestic SMS and € 0.49/min for calls to the rest of Europe.
Lyca also offer a flatrate for unlimited domestic calls and SMS for € 19.90 and they also have the "Super Saver Flat" which includes unlimited calls to Hungary and several other countries, unlimited calls and SMS to Germany and 500MB for € 39.90.

It all depends on your amount of usage and your individual distribution of calls, SMS and data.

terminals: Samsung: Galaxy S5 DuoS (G900FD); BLU: Win HD LTE; Nokia: 1200; Asus: Fonepad 7 ME372CG; Huawei data: E3372, Vodafone R201, K3765, E1762;
postpaid: O2 on Business XL; prepaid: DE: Aldi Talk, Lidl; UK: 3; BG: MTel, vivacom; RU: MTS; RS: MTS; UAE: du Tourist SIM; INT'L: toggle mobile
VoIP: sipgate.de (German DID); sipgate.co.uk (British DID); ukddi.com (British DID); sipcall.ch (Swiss DID); megafon.bg (Bulgarian DID); InterVoip.com

Old
  (#5)
papeti01 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 08-10-2012, 10:56

Thanks! You really helps a lot!
I think for me lidl will be the good solution, because of VOIP calls
(it's important)

I also checked aldi? Is that better than lidl or not?
Can you tell me how can i know how much money i have on a blau prepaid?

thx,
p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
That depends on your calling volume. Lidl and Lyca both charge € 0.09/min for domestic calls, which you can get cheaper from other prepaid providers such as http://www.galeria-mobil.de/ who offer domestic calls for € 0.05/min but charge € 0.10 per domestic SMS and € 0.49/min for calls to the rest of Europe.
Lyca also offer a flatrate for unlimited domestic calls and SMS for € 19.90 and they also have the "Super Saver Flat" which includes unlimited calls to Hungary and several other countries, unlimited calls and SMS to Germany and 500MB for € 39.90.

It all depends on your amount of usage and your individual distribution of calls, SMS and data.

Old
  (#6)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-10-2012, 11:03

Aldi use the terribly slow and often congested eplus network, which once again ranked last in the recent network test by the "CHIP" computer magazin (see chart in the middle of the page[/URL].
You can check your balance for blau by dialing *100# or by logging into their website.

Old
  (#7)
papeti01 (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default one more question - 08-10-2012, 11:04

Hi,

If i buy a lyca 2 gb tariff option, and i use my mobile as a personal hotspot, can i use skype via my laptop? Because you told that lyca (vodafone) blocking the voip calls... or i have to buy a net stick modem, and put the sim inside???

I ask this because i think it's a good idea to mix it: Do you think is this a good idea???
buy a lidl sim for german calls...
buy a lyca 2 gb tariff option to use mobil net, because we really need it, to use our laptops... (and it's enough for skype, email, surfing, etc)

P.

Last edited by papeti01; 08-10-2012 at 11:10..

Old
  (#8)
inquisitor (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 08-10-2012, 11:10

Vodafone forbid and block Skype but I can't find any corresponding clause on Lyca's website. Since they are a MVNO with their own core network (which interestingly is located in Spain for whole all their European subsidiaries) and so are not affected by Vodafone's firewall I assume Skype and VoIP would work.