PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-05-2006, 12:20

Hello and welcome to the board,
i just sent you a email with another question some minutes ago before finding you here. So you can ignore the email as the question was answered already in your post

chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#22)
cizake (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 29-05-2006, 12:34

No problem

I will try to keep an eye on the board for comments...

Thanks

Old
  (#23)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 29-05-2006, 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cizake
You still have a physical mobile number for SMS. We are currently working on a solution for user to use his landline dedicated number as SMS number as well.
From what country is that physical number - just curious? And what operator is provides you roaming agreements? It's more than curiosity because in general international SMS interchange is possible only between roaming partners

Quote:
Yackie Mobile SIM cards works like other competitors as mentioned by some members of this board. Although we have some differences :
- Choose your incoming number. we did not want to use an expensive to dial Lichtenstein or Estonian number. On the other hand, incoming calls are not FREE
After all I think that it's better to allow people to choose if they are to pay for their incoming calls or not - that's my European point of view

Quote:
- You can even choose several incoming numbers.
Great if you always travel between 2 countries.
- Yackie Mobile SIM card covers 161 countries and more to come soon
- We have the lowest prices on outgoing calls.
Not bad, but I'm not sure if for any origin-destination pair :whistle:

Quote:
- Free incoming SMS
In some countries it's nothing unusual

Quote:
. By the way we have a free vocal caller ID option. If the option is activated, once the phone rings you will get a vocal message saying :
But don't you have "regular" caller ID (number shown on the phone display)?

Old
  (#24)
cizake (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 29-05-2006, 14:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
From what country is that physical number - just curious? And what operator is provides you roaming agreements? It's more than curiosity because in general international SMS interchange is possible only between roaming partners
+972 IL and roaming agreements from Orange.

Quote:
After all I think that it's better to allow people to choose if they are to pay for their incoming calls or not - that's my European point of view
Well we made this choice after 2 surveys conducted one in the UK and the other one in the US.

Quote:
In some countries it's nothing unusual
At Yackie Mobile it is FREE in any of 161 countries we cover

Quote:
But don't you have "regular" caller ID (number shown on the phone display)?
It depends on the network used. Sometime it does show, sometimes it does not. Whoever says it always does is not honest...

Old
  (#25)
snidely (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 29-05-2006, 20:57

Cizake -
I think i speak for all of us here - we appreciate you coming on and fielding all the pointed questions.

I, for one, am willing to give this a try. Just came back from Costa Rica where i could have made use of your service. Next intl. trip isn't for a month.

My only question now would be the subjective one - how is the voice quality? It appears that when someone dials the U.S. number (or French or UK number) the call is routed via VOIP to the Israeli SIM which is then processed like a normal cel call. My only concern would be if there is a big loss in voice quality over the VOIP leg.

As an aside - altho you are based in Florida, all the U.S. numbers you have are based in Ohio :wacko: - a 567 area code.

The big advantage to me, anyway, is the fact i can simply forward calls to my Yackie U.S. number, thus eliminating my need to use something like Kall8 to forward to my intl. cel phone. That much more than compensates for paying the 24?/min for incoming calls you charge in most countries and even the 34 or 39? you charge in the high priced countries like India (34) or Nicarugua and Belize (39).
If you have a truly functional VM system - for me this service would be perfect. Much of my travel is to 3rd world countries. Even in lst world countries, as mentioned above, the fact callers dial a "local" number more than makes up for the "advantage" that some competitors claim to have by offering "free" incoming in dozens of countries. Calls to most all mobiles in the world are more than 24? via any LD carrier in the U.S.

If/when i do go ahead and use this service, I will forward home and office lines to my U.S. Cel which I will then forward to the Yackie Ohio number. If i forward directly to Ohio from landlines it would cost me 4.5?/min. Via cel, it will simply come out of my large bucket of min. which aren't being used anyway while on the road.

...mike

Make use of T-M's UMA/wifi free calling from any place in the world with access to wifi. I use an LG G6, wife an S7)
A/o Oct 20, 2013 no need for intl prepaid as T-Mobile U.S. includes voice roaming at 20¢/min (in and out)., unlimited text (in and out), and unlimited data in 140+ countries.

My Plan -[6 lines] U.S. T-Mobile unlimited minutes (incoming and outgoing), unlimited text, fast data on each line. that $145/mo. total! . (In U.S. no surcharge for calling a cell.) If a line exceeds 2G of data in a month, pay $10 more for that line. [That only happens a couple times/year.

Old
  (#26)
cizake (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 30-05-2006, 11:17

Hi Mike,

There is no loss in quality. In fact the local DID number called is assigned to the SIM - not 'redirected'. DIDs are stocked directly on the SIP server.

Like I wrote in an earlier post, we will soon offer a larger choice of DIDs including 60 different US area codes.

If you need a specific number not yet available on the website please email me and I will see what we can do.

Florian

Old
  (#27)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 30-05-2006, 11:47

Is the +972 number made available to the end-user? I don't find it convenient to route incoming calls to the US just to have them sent back to Israel over IP for TDM termination. I'd rather give out a standard +972 mobile number (as long as it's not in the Palestine or Jawall range). Termination to such numbers is quite inexpensive.

Also, are calls made directly to the +972 number still charged the $0.24/minute redirect fee?

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#28)
cizake (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 30-05-2006, 11:49

Hi Vlad,

THe +972 cannot be used to receive incoming calls. Only for SMS purposes.

Old
  (#29)
VladS (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 30-05-2006, 11:55

Ok... In this case can you provide an IL Proper number (eg Bezeq) so that the latency added by your redirect would be minimized?

VladS
Mobile phones: iPhone 5, Blackberry 9900, Nexus S, Samsung S3322 duos
Mobile data cards: Huawei E587u-5, Huawei E583c, Huawei E160
Postpaid SIMs: CA: Fido, Wind; INTL: Telna
Prepaid SIMs: DE: Fonic, Lidl; AT: yesss!, bob; UK: O2; US: AT&T; RO: Orange, Vodafone; FR: b&you, Lycamobile; NL: Lycamobile; BE: Lycamobile, Jim Mobile; CL: Entel; MX: Telcel; INTL: eKit Blue, eKit Yellow
Dead SIMs: too many to list

Old
  (#30)
cizake (Offline)
DEALER
Official Member

Default 30-05-2006, 11:59

Yes we can although I can assure you there is no latency...