PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#11)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-08-2006, 12:25

I sent an email to the addreses, just to ask a couple of questions, not to ask for a refund. But, never got a response back. So, getting your refund may not be that easy.

Reason for my email is because, as mentioned briefly by myself and dg7feq in the different thread below, we have not been able to receive incoming calls. (since last Thursday for me). Tech support did send a couple of emails that they were working on it. The last email was Friday evening. No correspondence since then, so I think they are closed on weekends. Seems like the DIDs are just dead! It's just rings busy. Is anyone else besides the 2 of us experiencing this?

http://www.prepaidgsm.net/forum/inde...showtopic=1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by money69
I have tried contacting Yackie Mobile at the two addresses Cizake gave to contact them at for a refund. I have not received a response and I have no refund, anyone successfully contact them or received a refund from them at all?

Phones: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, ASUS zenfone 3,
Sim cards: AT&T (Contract), 3 UK, Piranha Mobile

Old
  (#12)
achu (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 20-08-2006, 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman
Seems like the DIDs are just dead! It's just rings busy. Is anyone else besides the 2 of us experiencing this?
You guys are not the only one with dead DID. I have the original Ohio number (567-252-xxxx) and I have the exact same "rings busy" problem. The SIM does register with Cinguar network, but I didn't bother to make a test outgoing call.

I did notice that the website now has an "Activate" tab. The impression I got is to enter your "simcard #" and a "new phone number will be assigned". Maybe they have a new batch of "free" DID number they want everyone to be on? Pure speculation at this point.

Old
  (#13)
Effendi (Offline)
The great Dictator!
Prepaid Prophet

Default 20-08-2006, 15:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemolog
All this made me think that PPGSM/Yackie affiliate programme should be stopped immediately. Effendi and AndreA - what do you think???
I totally agree with you, I'm sorry I couldn't stop it sooner, but I was in Ukraine and I read this thread only now. I changed the banner so that we have the affiliation programme only with the 3 operators that behaved honestly and correctly with us and our forum members.

Unfortunately we had a second Buytel and this time too we had an affiliation with them. I always trusted Cizake and I think he did his best to support us on this forum. Unfortunately the product was really bad as well as its managers. I apologize for our affiliation once again.

Working Prepaids: IT: Wind, Vodafone IT, UNO Mobile; SM: Prima; UK: 3, Virgin; INT: TravelSIM, Truphone.
Deceased Prepaids: CZ: Oskar, Eurotel; SK: Orange; DE: E-Plus, Aldi, Simyo; GE: Geocell; AM: Armentel; PL: Heyah, Plus; LT: Tele2; LV: Amigo; EE: Elisa; UA: Kyivstar; NZ: Vodafone; INT: UM, UM+, ICQSim.
GSM/3G Phones: Nokia Lumia 630 dual sim

Old
  (#14)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-08-2006, 18:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu
You guys are not the only one with dead DID. I have the original Ohio number (567-252-xxxx) and I have the exact same "rings busy" problem. The SIM does register with Cinguar network, but I didn't bother to make a test outgoing call.

I did notice that the website now has an "Activate" tab. The impression I got is to enter your "simcard #" and a "new phone number will be assigned". Maybe they have a new batch of "free" DID number they want everyone to be on? Pure speculation at this point.
I agree. But, you would think they would at least inform us first before just deactivating the number. I also noticed that under the login that they just gave, the number under account information is no longer the DID assigned to me. It's now showing a number with areacode 305. So, they have gone into the account and updated the DID to a Miami number. (The DID currently assigned to me is now showing up on their website as available). And, I remember that in the email they sent, they mentioned not to change this number because it will deactivate the current DID. See amail below...

----------------------------------------------------

Steps to change your password:

On the right menu bar, select ?update user details?.
You can change your password and/or e-mail address at this time.

Note: Please do not change your phone number. Changing your phone number will de-activate your SIM card. You will not able to send or receive calls, if you change your number.

Old
  (#15)
Jibku (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 20-08-2006, 22:37

Well, my card (with a French number) is still working...

Is it only American numbers that have problems?

Bossman, did you try to call the new number they semm to have assigned to your account?

Old
  (#16)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 20-08-2006, 22:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibku
Well, my card (with a French number) is still working...

Is it only American numbers that have problems?

Bossman, did you try to call the new number they semm to have assigned to your account?
It could well be just the US numbers that are having this problem.

Yes, I called the number. There is a very long silence, then it starts to ring busy. Yackie customer service is closed till Monday. I informed them right away on Thursday and they mentioned they emailed me that they are still working on it.

I surely would have been pissed had I taken this sim with me on a trip and not be able to use it.

I am fully aware that this a new company that needs some time. So, I guess we just have to see how much time they need to get it all ironed out.

Old
  (#17)
Przemolog (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 20-08-2006, 23:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effendi
I totally agree with you, I'm sorry I couldn't stop it sooner, but I was in Ukraine and I read this thread only now. I changed the banner so that we have the affiliation programme only with the 3 operators that behaved honestly and correctly with us and our forum members.

Unfortunately we had a second Buytel and this time too we had an affiliation with them. I always trusted Cizake and I think he did his best to support us on this forum. Unfortunately the product was really bad as well as its managers. I apologize for our affiliation once again.
I think this "lesson" shows that affiliate programmes shouldn't be started on so early stage of development of a product . Yackie was possibly very interesting in many aspects but...

Old
  (#18)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 21-08-2006, 08:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman
I also noticed that under the login that they just gave, the number under account information is no longer the DID assigned to me. It's now showing a number with areacode 305.
confirmed.
I had a 305 number before - but now it shows a differnet one. I didnt try to make a test call there yet as its in the middle of night in Minnesota and she'd be pissed to get thrown out of bed if it really works now

Chris

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#19)
srickrode (Offline)
Amateur Member

Default 21-08-2006, 19:26

I have just tried my YM card with the original phone number received with the card, and I can make outgoing calls with my Yackie card, but when I try to dial my Yackie phone, I get connected with some Australian telecom voicemail (Global Touch Solutions). The outgoing call showed up instantly in my Yackie account, so it is nice to know that the call tracking is finally working, but I am very frustrated about the incoming calls.

Old
  (#20)
Bossman (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 21-08-2006, 19:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by srickrode
I have just tried my YM card with the original phone number received with the card, and I can make outgoing calls with my Yackie card, but when I try to dial my Yackie phone, I get connected with some Australian telecom voicemail (Global Touch Solutions). The outgoing call showed up instantly in my Yackie account, so it is nice to know that the call tracking is finally working, but I am very frustrated about the incoming calls.
I guess we are in the same boat

Out going calls have always worked, and it has always showed up in the call log right away. even though the call charges are completely inacccurate.

The issue, as you are also experiencing, is receiving incoming calls. For myself and a few other members (with US numbers), it just rings busy. We also noticed that under the user details the number listed is not longer the DID assigned to the number. It's an entitrely different number. As per yackie support, changing that number deactivates the DID. So, that's what they have done. I have not heard anything from them since Friday PM. I sent an email on saturday and this AM. I plan on using this sim on an upcoming trip, but it will just be my last resort sim. i.e. If my other sims just do not work at all!