PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#21)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 03-03-2010, 14:52

Thanks. I won't be able to activate internet from their website, since I won't have any internet connection when I'll arrive in Spain.

I hope that they can activate internet alternatively by calling 1473, even though they explicitly say on their help/FAQ section that internet activation is possible only though the web.

Old
  (#22)
f300 (Offline)
Advanced Member

Default 04-03-2010, 06:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
internet activation is possible only though the web.
I wonder who are the geniuses coming with these ideas. Last time I've had my internet connection down I called my ISP and the menu for connection problems and support was ending with something like "go to this URL". Apparently phone support is only for people who want to buy more stuff from them...

Old
  (#23)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 05-03-2010, 13:51

Quote:
T
I hope that they can activate internet alternatively by calling 1473, even though they explicitly say on their help/FAQ section that internet activation is possible only though the web.
Have a look at:
MSmovil: Despierta tu mvil!
Quote:
1. Get a SIM card here.
2. When you receive the SIM card at home, configure your mobile and activate internet (here is the link or call 1473).

Old
  (#24)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 09-03-2010, 19:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkow View Post
Thanks a lot for the info and the link petkow. However, the link is about the "Fixed Price tariff of 1GB" and not the "normal" pay as you go Internet.

Their user guide explicitly states:
Quote:
Configuration of your mobile phone for mobile internet

To start to use the service you only need to:
1. Enter your personal YOSOYMÁS account on the web and activate the service.
2. Configure your mobile phone or modem through your YOSOYMÁS account or do it manually.
MSmovil: The smart mobile choice

And their FAQ section, says exactly the same:
Quote:
What is YOSOYMAS?

YOSOYMÁS is a personal online account for MÁSmovil clients... From MyAccount you can:

1. Check your credit.
2. See your complete calling history with details such as date, duration and spending.
3. Recharge your card.
4. Enter your payment details. This enables you to recharge later directly from the mobile phone menu or recharge automatically with the Automatic Top up.
5. Configure your mobile phone to enable online browsing on the mobile or sending MMS messages.
MSmovil: The smart mobile choice

Rather confusing and contradictory information really. I really hope that your information is more updated and I can activate the internet by a phone call.

Old
  (#25)
babble (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default Despierta tu móvil ;) llama gratis al 1473 - 09-03-2010, 20:21

Quote:
I really hope that your information is more updated and I can activate the internet by a phone call.
Take a look at the top right-hand corner of this page:
https://clientes.masmovil.es/MasVida...oycliente.html

In spanish it says: "Despierta tu móvil llama gratis al 1473"

Which means: "Wake-up, i.e. activate, your mobile, by calling the free phone number 1473."

Old
  (#26)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 10-03-2010, 10:15

Thanks babble, hope it works that way

Old
  (#27)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default 10-03-2010, 16:48

Sorry I cannot help any more. I agree the information is contradictory. However, I am pretty sure that you can sort it out with their customer service on 1473. I mean, it would be really quite bad, if they could not do that for you!

I mean, at the very worst case, all the person on the other end of the phone needs to do is open a browser on his PC, enter your account (with your permission of course) and activate it for you!

Otherwise I guess, you will need to find an internet cafe or free wifi hotspot somewhere for a few minutes worth of browsing.

Old
  (#28)
Evan (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 11-03-2010, 09:44

Thanks petkow, I'll call their customer service and if the activation is not possible I'll try to find a solution or another mobile provider.

Pepephone's offer of 300MB/7€ is very good considering they use the Vodafone network and internet is pre-activated. Unfortunately, if I understood their terms correctly, this offer works more like a monthly "contract" and it's not pre- but postpaid.

Old
  (#29)
petkow (Offline)
Prepaid Pioneer

Default MASMovil Data flatrate - 04-05-2010, 18:28

Just as an update to this thread, I note that MASmovil have made their page a bit clearer now to suggest that any step of the registration for their flatrate can be done via their site, or by dialling 1473. If doing it via the phone, and if the person on the other end speaks little English, then just make sure you use the magic words: "Tarifa Plana Internet": For the info page see: Tarifa Plana Internet

The tariff is 18 Euros for 1GB of useage in a month. This is valid both for prepaid and contract customers. If you are a prepaid customer, make sure that you have over 20 Euros of credit on your account before asking for this, as the full amount will be charged at the outset. Remember the 18 Euros does not include IVA (VAT).

Also remember that your 1GB of internet is actually charged as 2000 blocks of 512kB. Therefore, if you are planning many small connections (such as for periodic automatic email retrieval) then use this tariff with care! After you have used your 2000 blocks, you will be charged at 1.5c per 512 kB.

For people who can read Spanish, all T's and C's are clearly laid out in this pdf as well: http://www.masmovil.es/documents/con...e-internet.pdf

Last edited by petkow; 04-05-2010 at 18:45..

Old
  (#30)
august (Offline)

Post 01-06-2010, 12:17

Hi Guys!

Just looking for the simple (classic) prepaid/prepago solution for the foreigner coming to the vicinity of Javea city coast area for a week holidays.

Interested in buying some SIM solution with the following:

- instant use a few hours after buy, clear instruction with startup codes;
- purchase cost up to 20E, with the start top-up ready to use for data&calls or data only;
- no need to activate the data transfer separately via web/phone;
- rates up to let say 10cents/1MB, less the better ,or the preactivated data bulk available;
- daily data rates less preffered, cause I suppose may be difficult to activate;
- no need to fix it much with the residential proof, etc;

- clear setups for data issues like Google Tłumacz

- also microSIM for iPad would be an advantage.

any idea what prepaid provider to choose for the mentioned or similar requirements ?

Thanks in advance! PM's also welcomed.

--
best regards,
August

Tags
carrefour movil, llamaya movil