PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
rpanderson (Offline)

Default Sweden sim with free incoming calls? - 02-06-2012, 02:55

Hi all,

I'll be in stockholm for about two months, beginning in the middle of this month. I have an unlocked iphone 3gs that I'm planning to use over there.
One option I'm looking at uses a combination of services so that once I'm over there, any local or international call I make or receive would charge just 0.07SEK, plus whatever the prepaid plan charges for incoming calls.

Are there any prepaid plans that have free incoming calls? Ideally, this is a plan with some data, although I don't need much (just email and google maps when I'm lost)

Old
  (#2)
andy (Offline)
Prepaid Prophet

Default 08-06-2012, 00:26

Hi, and sorry for the delay in noticing and approving your pre-moderated post.

(it helps not to put a link in the first few posts, but of course new arrivals don't know that).

Though it seems unusual to American customers, it's conventional for SIMs on European and most networks in the world to have free incoming calls in their own country, so choose any Swedish SIM

You can find info on Swedish networks via this link, or next time via the National Operators link up near the top the page

Some have cheap foreign calls, such as Halebop and Lebara, but I'm not up to speed on data packages available.

You can click on the network logos on the page to go to the networks' own sites, which might help with data packages.

You might use a service like Localphone, as mentioned in the article you found, to have a US number which you forward to the local SIM cheaply

Old
  (#3)
rpanderson (Offline)

Default 08-06-2012, 01:15

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I do plan on using localnumbers.

Those plans are a little confusing to me. Are there stores where I can talk to someone about what plan to buy? I've read you can pick up a SIM in a convenience store, for example, but are telecommunication company stores easy to find as well?

Old
  (#4)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 08-06-2012, 02:44

I can advise Telia. They have a daily cap for mobile data at 9 SEK, so you'll effectively be paying 9 SEK per day for unlimited internet very nice deal for European standards

Incoming calls are free as long as you are in Sweden (no matter who calls you). The sim card it self costs 85 SEK. You can buy in all Pressbyrån and of course the Telia stores.

Mobile internet sim cards:
INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Feel free to consult me about sim cards in the Benelux and Poland.

Old
  (#5)
rpanderson (Offline)

Default 08-06-2012, 02:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba.g View Post
The sim card it self costs 85 SEK. You can buy in all Pressbyrån and of course the Telia stores.
Sounds like exactly what I need. Just so I get the right one, does the specific plan have a name? Or just Telia's plan?

Old
  (#6)
kuba.g (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 08-06-2012, 02:49

Just Telia prepaid

Mobile internet sim cards:
INT: abroadband, NL: Simyo, *bliep, BE: Colruyt Mobile, MEDIONmobile, LUX: Orange, PL: mBank Mobile,
DE: Congstar, MEDIONmobile, IE: Vodafone, CH: OK Mobil, SwissCom, SE: Telia, ES: MásMovil,
GR: Cosmote, IT: TIM, RO: Vodafone, RS: mt:s, BY: Privet, UA: Kievstar, MD: Moldcell

Feel free to consult me about sim cards in the Benelux and Poland.