Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old
  (#6)
TheMadBrewer (Offline)
Prepaid Fan

Default 05-12-2005, 10:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATHA531
I always, being a paranoid myself, wonder whenever this happens whether this is being done by um to try to combate cbw undercutting of their rates or its just a problem of internet providers (which cbw and enlinea use) trying to connect with FL carriers......
I think that last part may be true here. I had setup a "Virtual pbx" (ringcentral.com) so that I could seemlessly transfer calls to my US mobile when in the states or my Riiing mobile when abroad (so far I haven't been anywhere that Riiing doesn't have free incoming -- except a day spent in Vaduz, Lichtenstein ) Anyway, ringcentral would not connect to my Riiing number. I would get silence (but get charged for a 1 minute call to FL). Exactly what is now happing with my CBW toll free number. But I know the CBW toll free worked fine on Wed of last week, so something happened recently.

So now the people at ringcentral.com thing I am crazy because they insisted that the problem was with my mobile and I said "call this toll free nunber because it works" only now it doesn't

Ringcentral.com doesn't let you forward to a toll-free number, so as a workaround I tried using VirtualPhoneLine.com for local number but it didn't work any better.

UPDATE: CBW and my CBW Toll Free number are now working again as of 1130 CEST.

Whole bunch of SIMs, mostly dead, some still working...