PrePaidGSM.net Forum (Archived)

Old
  (#1)
david (Offline)

Default Int. Prepaycard with Mobile and Lindline Number ? - 04-06-2011, 20:35

Dear all

In July I will have to move to different countries in Europe for some month (France, Italy, UK, Austria and Germany).

As I do not want to buy sim cards in all countires, I am looking for a good solution for me, which sould be:

- no roaming costs for incoming calls
- possibly a landline number on the sim, so that people calling me, do not have to spend lots of money (landline from france or italy, or uk or...)
- no montly fee to pay

Thank you for your reply...

best Regards,

Dave

Old
  (#2)
weekilter (Offline)
Official Member

Default 05-06-2011, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
Dear all

In July I will have to move to different countries in Europe for some month (France, Italy, UK, Austria and Germany).

As I do not want to buy sim cards in all countires, I am looking for a good solution for me, which sould be:

- possibly a landline number on the sim, so that people calling me, do not have to spend lots of money (landline from france or italy, or uk or...)
- no montly fee to pay

Thank you for your reply...

best Regards,

Dave
You do realize that the cost of the call has to be paid by _someone_. Asking for free incoming on an international call plus low cost to the person initiating the call is a tall task to ask. If the receiver of the call doesn't pay for the call the sender does which is why it costs so much more to place calls to mobile numbers in countries that have caller pays (most everywhere except in North America.) Some international SIMs will let you make calls in different countries and in some countries there is no charge for incoming calls. However, those international SIMs are still "caller pays" meaning that a caller to your number even though it's a "special" SIM will be a premium call to a mobile exchange incurring higher tariff on the call.

Current SIMs:

T-Mobile US (prepaid)
T-Mobile NL (prepaid)
Fido CA (prepaid)
Orange IL (prepaid)

Old
  (#3)
tux (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 05-06-2011, 17:38

MAXroam offers free incoming calls throughout Europe and DIDs in many countries (6€/month for each one).

Old
  (#4)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 06-06-2011, 10:51

Look at this this way, get a uk based number.

Calls to that number a relativly cheap to call for callers.
Whenever you add a fixed number to this you will have to pay the price to forward the call from the fixed to the mobile number. Typically most providers charge this a 20 eurocents per minute. so in the end you will be paying 20 eurocents per minute to receive incoming calls on you fixed german, french etc number.

Only when you receive calls on your mobile number you will not be paying incoming call costs.

Old
  (#5)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 06-06-2011, 22:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by david View Post
- no montly fee to pay
I'm looking for a leprechaun riding a unicorn.

If anyone knows where I can find this particular combination, please let me know.

Old
  (#6)
dg7feq (Offline)
Prepaid Guru

Default 07-06-2011, 08:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
I'm looking for a leprechaun riding a unicorn.

If anyone knows where I can find this particular combination, please let me know.
Oh, i have one locked up in my barn - how much are you willing to pay for?

Germany: o2 blue all-in L, simquadrat
Thailand: truemove (phone+sms+wifi)
International: xxSim+372, toggle +44/+49/+41/+31
Phones: Huawei Mate7, Huawei P9

Old
  (#7)
bbob (Offline)
Prepaid Expert

Default 07-06-2011, 10:13

You don't want to know how many I have in my head if you knew I would be locked up

@davis, just get a +44 based card give that to year friends if it's only for a few month.

If you want to use it for years you better get some did numbers, an internet pbx and forward the call to you +44 mobile number between 5to 10 eurocents using betamax/dellmont

Old
  (#8)
DRNewcomb (Offline)
Prepaid Professionist

Default 07-06-2011, 23:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg7feq View Post
Oh, i have one locked up in my barn - how much are you willing to pay for?
Pay? Oh no. I want it for free.

Old
  (#9)
Iceburnmarko (Offline)

Default 05-07-2011, 07:59

Might just miss u but in case it just catch u / help others. As others have said getting 100% free will be near impossible cause network have to make money one way or other. But I think this deal might suit you depending how many calls you do it's what we use ourselves on our visit to family in Italy / travels around Europe for them to contact us

You get o2 pay as you go sim in uk. If you going to uk first that is great. To activate the o2 sim you need to put at least £10 but that no problem cause will need that credit anyway and more. Best get it from o2 store cause can get it free and got offer on which give more savings explain in a minute.

Now ask the store you want "my favourites" change your o2 tariff from default to "your country" or ask for o2 with that as default. Also ask for "Europe extra" to be added to the account as well.

Now the o2 store can credit the first month of both favourites and Europe extra onto your account which as tesco says "every little helps". Ask to put them on reoccuring so every month it renew auto and take money from registered card. Now what do you get for £20 a month you might ask?

Ok my favourites give you a landline number in either France, Spain, Italy or uk you can choose (uk is not advertise on o2 uk stuff but you can choose it). This landline number your friends / family can ring at price of calling landline number in that country. These numbers are genuine numbers not non-geo italian number can be in Rome or Milan. Spain Madrid, baralonca, France I think Paris and uk is watford. You can recieve upto 3000 minutes incoming calls to that number a month. If you go over 3000 minutes the number will stop working until the folllowing month. Also whilst in uk with the same Add on you get 3000 minutes you can use to call upto 3 numbers (landline if want to call mobile need to pay more) for no charge. (they need to be pre registered on account)

Now my Europe extra addon give you 3000 minutes of incoming calls to your mobile at no extra charge. So might see what we do now. If say next week we go to Spain. My wife family (and my family in uk cause it's free for them calling Italian landline than o2 mobile) call our Italian landline number link to my mobile. It than ring my mobile in Spain and than my wife and mum spend like an hour at a time with no big bill the following month

Now lastly why have your default tariff to "your country". Cause that give you allowances when you topup which you can use whilst in uk to contact aboard. The actual credit is not use hence they can be use for those add on. I think with £20 a month credit you get 200 units which each unit is worth either 1 SMS or 1 minute to any number in the world. Also o2 got a calling card which you can use from your mobile and cost £5 which can be use to call countries cheap

You can get something similar in Spain from o2 parent company call telefonia but prices might be slightly different. In france / Italy afaird don't know anything similar one can get straight away. But once you got it from Spain / uk you can use it in France / Italy as long as you keep paying the £20 a month.